eFX A New Hope Darth Vader Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGClone

Sr Member
Holy crap!

I didnt know any other place to post this here, so for those of you who get the eFX newsletter, did you see todays?

WITH THIS?

efxANHVader.jpg

"This is one of the most exciting products that we have ever announced! The long anticipated original Darth Vader Helmet from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope . What makes this product so exciting (other than the fact that it is DARTH VADER !) is the history, the mystery and the lore behind the original prop. With the help of the Lucasfilm archives, we discovered a truly lost treasure! We actually found, what we believe, are the original molds made by Rick Baker of one of the original Darth Vader helmets from the long lost original molds in 1977! Incredibly, Lucasfilm allowed us to make a casting from these molds for our master pattern. Be sure to check out our "In Development" section to read more behind the development and lineage of this replica, coming soon!"

My question is, if this is really true - how much are they going to alter it? Is LFL going to require them to make changes???

Not only that, this is the first production made lid that I have ever really wanted. The MR Boba was close, but this takes the cake.

Re: eFX ANH Vader?!?! WOW

Just received the newsletter also. If this is indeed from the original molds AND it remains unaltered I am getting one...without a doubt.

Carl

Holy crap!

I didnt know any other place to post this here, so for those of you who get the eFX newsletter, did you see todays?

WITH THIS?

efxANHVader.jpg

"This is one of the most exciting products that we have ever announced! The long anticipated original Darth Vader Helmet from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope . What makes this product so exciting (other than the fact that it is DARTH VADER !) is the history, the mystery and the lore behind the original prop. With the help of the Lucasfilm archives, we discovered a truly lost treasure! We actually found, what we believe, are the original molds made by Rick Baker of one of the original Darth Vader helmets from the long lost original molds in 1977! Incredibly, Lucasfilm allowed us to make a casting from these molds for our master pattern. Be sure to check out our "In Development" section to read more behind the development and lineage of this replica, coming soon!"

My question is, if this is really true - how much are they going to alter it? Is LFL going to require them to make changes???

Not only that, this is the first production made lid that I have ever really wanted. The MR Boba was close, but this takes the cake.

Blimey. Hat's off to eFX for giving this a go at least and looking forward to the results.

This would be a welcomed release for the die hard fans and quite possibly an official product I would venture to buy. It will be flawed regardless IMO but a cool official Vader prop if they stick to what should be done, if they don't alter it too much that is.

Looks like a cleaned up SL in the image but I'll pass judgement when this is in hand. A nice looking piece, even if the final product will no doubt be sanitized.

Incredible!
Finally!
This is a must have for me.

Now, where's my mate Thomas?

I would love them NOT to clean up the casting and offer an 'as is' version. EFX if you are reading this please don't ruin this opportunity!

Joe

do you have the original eFX newsletter ? I haven't got the news...

Interesting....

We actually found, what we believe, are the original molds

Unlikely, but interesting...

How on earth did they find these moulds? I would love an unaltered version. Lumps bumps warts and all. Efx if you read this put me down for an untouched casting please.
:love

While this helmet will have ties back to original molds, it is still a replica helmet, so moving it to the replica forum.

I would love them NOT to clean up the casting and offer an 'as is' version. EFX if you are reading this please don't ruin this opportunity!

Joe

QFT!!!

OMG the FIRST liscensed helmet I've EVER wanted to buy!!!

PLEASE DO NOT CLEAN UP OR "CORRECT" THE ASYMMETRY!!!

Wow.

Are they finally gonna do it?

And dear God if this becomes a reality... could we see a cast of the hero TK helmet in the archives?????????? :love

Part of me is excited. The other part KNOWS they will clean this damned thing up of all the little nicks and imperfections that made it the helmet we all know and love anyway.

This is awesome news!!!! I'm excited, but won't be preordering until I see some concrete photos. As with Sideshow, their products never live up to their prototype photos...so I will wait and see.

Maybe they could offer a cleaned up version and the "warts" version. Of course the "warts" version should be half price cause it's so crappy.:lol

I would very much like to have this if they don't mess with it.

I sincerely believe that they want to do this helmet right, however the fanboy mentality will probably win out. The average collectors will not want to see brushed on paint, etc... If they don't clean it up sculpture-wise, it will be a good candidate for a repaint. I just wonder what the pricing/edition size will be like.

Holy crap!

WITH THIS?

efxANHVader.jpg

Great news if its true, but as far as I know Rick Baker had nothing to do with making the molds.

The Rick Baker mould is a casting of a cleaned up ANH Vader it lacks some of the 'battle damage' of the original. It is still a bloody great casting though.

eFX will have to clean it up to sell it to the general public of course as it is very rough.

Looking forward to the progress on this - eFX if you are watching please have a signature edition with some of the following - Dave Prowse, James Earl Jones, Brian Muir, Ralph McQuarrie, John Mollo and George Lucas please :)

Please don't ignore Dave Prowse as all other licensed people have before he was the man in that mask after all.

Good luck eFX and do Vader proud.

Chris

Just received the newsletter also. If this is indeed from the original molds AND it remains unaltered I am getting one...without a doubt.

Carl

I spoke with Brian on this and he said
No, the original molds of my clay sculpt were made by the British mold makers at Elstree Studios.
I understand that Rick Baker made a mold from a Vader mask after the production.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back