EFNY Snake Plissken Boots

Samhain2000

Hi all, i'm working on a Snake Plissken outfit.

I got a jacket lined up (Not in time for this Halloween)

I have the pants lined up (Not in time for this Halloween)

Got a Mac 10 holster, like in the movie.

I just landed a pair of Alpinestars that look close enough to the original boots, once I find the right kneepads, I can modify the boots myself.

The boots Snake wears in the movie have spikes on the toes, does any one know how many were on each boot? I'm thinking 5 but would like some other input.

I believe it's three on each boot tip. Good luck with the costume, that one's a real challenge. Took me years to find just the jacket. You're best bet for costume details is to head over to FILMJACKETS.COM Main and send a PM to a member there by the handle of The Mechanic. He's done a bunch of research on the costume and the boots.

Welcome! I remember reading a couple of threads about Snake Plisken's costume pieces including the shirt, pants, and boots in the costuming forum recently. Use the search tool, or just look a few pages back and you should find the info you're looking for. I don't think there was a thread specifically for the boots started, but the boots were discussed in either the thread about his shirt or his pants. Good luck, and post pictures when you're done!

As far as I know I have been through ALL of the Snake Plissken costume threads on two different sites. Amazing how much time people put in to getting an outfit together.

This morning I found some pads that look like the top of Snakes boots, I bought them on Ebay so I'll work on those once I get them and get the time.

I'm using target arrow heads, 11/32, for the boot spikes since you cant get metal golf spikes any longer. They cost about 5.00 for 12, they screw in and will make a nice low profile spike, this is Snake Plissken not GWAR. They are black metal, I can do some touch up paint on them if I need them to look different but I think they will look good. I bought a tap and die set this morning as I will have to drill through the steel tor plate then tap them for the arrow head. I will also have to extend the thread on the arrow as there is a quarter inch that has no thread and I do not want to sink too much of this in to the boot. I'll post pics later so you can see what I am talking about.

Last edited:
Yea, I've seen them, thank you though.

I bought an UnderArmor shirt yesterday, it's a winter shirt so their logo is on the turtle neck. Once I cut off the sleeves and collar it will just be a plain black tight stretchy shirt. I bought the Extra Large and it's still tight, geesh.

I'm looking for the nickel zippers.

I really dig the boots I bought. It will be fun modifying them.

Eventually I'll buy better buckles for them, and maybe add the fifth fastner on as well.

I added the spikes to the boot toes yesterday. I had to buy a tap and die set to make sure they stay in properly. I was considering using some loc-tite but they seem to fit pretty snug.

13836-alpine-stars.gif

So there are the Alpinestars vintage motorcross boots.

3131-added-spikes-target-arrow-heads-boot-tips.jpg

Added spikes to the toes. (Target points for arrows)

13837-pads.jpg

I bought these on Ebay, I'll cut out the kneepads, add some leather to them or "pleather" and attach them to the top of the boots and BAM, Snake Plissken boots.

Last edited:
The pads came in last night so I completed the boots this morning.

I bought some leather to cover the pads, then attached them to the boots. Here is the end product.

13839-alpinestars-wit-handmade-pads.jpg

13838-alpinestars-wit-handmade-pads.jpg

I am aware that they are far from perfect.

I used about 5 tubes of crazy glue to attach the leather to the pads.

I attached the pads to the boots with heavy duty velcro. I got the velcro from canabalizing the shin guards that I cut up for the knee pads. I went the velcro route because I did not want to cut up the boots and the kneepads fit real well.

It is amazing with you can do with super glue.

I hope you all like it.

Later on I will get better colored buckles and add a fifth but I have spent all I want right now.

Boots 370.00
Spikes 5.00
Tap and Die 30.00
Knee Pads 35.00
Leather 10.00
Glue 7.50

I made my own eyepatch, I think it looks more like Snakes then any of the crap you can buy in the store.

I have some Urban Camo and Urban Tiger Stripe BDU's since Halloween crept on me faster then I expected but by next year I will have a correct pair of pants and jacket.

I'll post pics after Friday when we go to Six Flags.

Last edited:
Wow, these boots are awesome. You did a GREAT job replicating the kneepad, which I feel is the boots most awesome element! Good work!

Anymore pictures sine? I would like to see what the look like on your feet!

thanks,
Spylocke

These are from Halloween

73971_452483565764_521035764_5703858_445697_n.jpg

71695_452483635764_521035764_5703861_4874147_n.jpg

Snake has been getting more to eat since leaving New York.

Since Halloween I have aquired the Eagle head tracer, the Walkie Talkie and I landed a Tiger Sub Wars vintage game that I will convert.

I will be getting the Jacket next month, I'm looking forward to the eddition.

Later this year I will have the pants.

This is a dream costume of mine. Nice work on your Snake get-up! I LOVE the way the kneepad came out for you, bro. I view anyone who cosplays as Snake Plissken a kindred spirit!

May I ask where you picked up the eagle head tracer & the walkie talkie? I would love to grab a set! Also, I have bid on several Sub Wars units on ebay, but never win!

thanks,
Spylocke

I lucked out and bought the tracer and walkie from a guy on here.
Found another guy on here who sold me the shirt.
I landed the Tiger Sub Wars from someone in England last week on Ebay. He posted it for auction and I convinced him to add a buy me now, so I nailed it.

Samhain2000,

I know u got the kneepad off of eBay, but i have searched and cannot find one close to the one u got. Any tips or hints on what kinda kneepad it is? I may just rip your idea off since the end result looks so professional AND awesome!!

thanks,
Spylocke

Thank you for the compliment, I'm glad you like the boots.

They are shin guards for paintball. I see what you mean, I looked on ebay as well and nothing... THe auction ti too old to view it any longer.

I think I kept all the scraps so when I go home I will look on the pad for the name of the company for you, but I will not be home till Feb 9th.

Haha, those boots are sick! Theres been talks of a remake of the movie, heard from some friends. Great work on those boots

Great, no rush, Samhain! If you don't mind, alos please include what kind of tap and die set you used? I have NO idea about any of this stuff, but I totally want to emulate what you've done since I feel you've done the coolest Snake boots I've seen since Stephen Manley & Hector Delarosa made theirs from Andre's original design!!!

thanks,
Dino

I think I kept all the scraps so when I go home I will look on the pad for the name of the company for you, but I will not be home till Feb 9th.

Spyloke,
I looked for the info, including the printing on the remaining scraps of the pads and I got nothing. I have searched ebay, and nothing. I will keep looking, if I find something I will let you know.

Prop-Masters,

Well, I said that I found a guy in Canada who could help me with the kneepads for my Alpinestars and he made the kneepads in leather and attached them to my boots. They are on the way back to me right now! He took a quick preliminary picture for me, just to whet my appetite.

boots.jpg

They may need to be slightly reworked. The knees look a little tall, but based on Warhero's advice, I measure and measured and measured again, just to be on the safe side. Once I get them, I will put 'em on and that will be the true test!

If they look good, I will be buying a brand new pair of Alpinestars Super-Victory boots and have him do another set of kneepads for me!

man those knee pads turned out GREAT! i'm doing snake this halloween and am also using vintage alpine stars boots. a costuming friend of mine is crafting a screen accurate shin plate and upgrading the buckles on the side. i have the older strap ones. can i ask how much the guy that did your knee pads charged. and if you know if he would be interested in doing another one?

thanks

brandon

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back