ED-209 1/12 Scratch Build WIP

ED's still missing decals and some hoses, but I'm impatient and wanted to share these pics!

Attachments

• IMG_9828.jpg
    IMG_9828.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 216
  • IMG_98282.jpg
    IMG_98282.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Sweet, but I read the title as "1/2" and not "1/12", and am sad that it isn't 4' tall.

It is beautiful. Did you draw these yourself, and are there any plans to share ?

This is amazing, and honestly, the ONLY 3d model of him that I've seen where his "mouth" isn't upside down.

Is there any hope of you sharing the files?

That is just stunning. Amazing prints and great paint work! That has always been one of my favorite movie bots for sure.

I thought about printing and finishing one. Went on a search for a model. Found this: 3D Printable OCP - ED209 (Robocop 1984) by al chan Which looks fantastic for a free shared model. Then I've read first comment there:

Well the most important bit is still wrong - mouth is upside down. This drastically changes the intended frown/angry mouth to a smiley face.

Looked up references and realized that it is indeed so, as well as some other differences that jumped at me. Went ahead search for alternative models ... and now I found this thread.

Oh. My ... It's unbelievable model you made! Somehow seeing so good screen accurate model convinced me I can't in a healthy mind print that free model now. Congrats!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back