ebay user "dirtydom69" has recast my parts!

razorsharp192

Sr Member
Hi all, just noticed this guy has recasted my hoverboard parts. I've contacted him and he claims to have created 3d models to print/mould, however this is nonsense and when I sent him the below image he went silent on me. They are without a doubt recasts of my parts, down to the inaccuracies (as I made some mistakes in the design of these parts e.g. on the battery part the screw hole bevel is too small and it's overall too small in length plus some other accuracy issues I fixed on my later ones). Here's a pic showing "his" parts and mine. I've focussed on the centre "battery" part as that's the most obvious one to show it's a recast, however he has recast the entire underneath parts of one of my early hoverboards.

RECAST.jpg
recast2.JPG

Last edited:
Just seen this and they look very similar too, are they recasts also. It’s a website in the USA reading through they have been going for quite a few years but seem very expensive. have they also copied your parts? Didn’t know if younger aware. Seen they they don’t have a good rep on the RPF According to quite a few threads.

Attachments

• C79EE840-2FCB-4EE6-A0F9-D32148704B17.png
    C79EE840-2FCB-4EE6-A0F9-D32148704B17.png
    7.8 MB · Views: 308
Just seen this and they look very similar too, are they recasts also. It’s a website in the USA reading through they have been going for quite a few years but seem very expensive. have they also copied your parts? Didn’t know if younger aware. Seen they they don’t have a good rep on the RPF According to quite a few threads.
Oh yeah, Golden Armor is one of the biggest offenders.

You are right they will only do something if it’s copyrighted by the big players which is the right thing obviously . It’s all to do with licensing I guess. it’s a double edged sword though as a replica is a copy so we are all probably guilty in one way by reproducing any film or tv item to a certain degree as we didn’t have the first idea just depends on the severity.

You are right they will only do something if it’s copyrighted by the big players which is the right thing obviously . It’s all to do with licensing I guess. it’s a double edged sword though as a replica is a copy so we are all probably guilty in one way by reproducing any film or tv item to a certain degree as we didn’t have the first idea just depends on the severity.

My spidy sense is going off about you... you were looking at the Golden Armor website at 23:10 (as per the screen shot you posted), joined the RPF at 23:28 and your first post 8mins later at 23:36 was on this thread..... At roughly the same time (23:15, 23:47 and 23:48) dirtydom69 ended all his listings selling the parts on ebay.... Are you dirtydom69? Thanks for taking your listings down if it is you.

My spidy sense is going off about you... you were looking at the Golden Armor website at 23:10 (as per the screen shot you posted), joined the RPF at 23:28 and your first post 8mins later at 23:36 was on this thread..... At roughly the same time (23:15, 23:47 and 23:48) dirtydom69 ended all his listings selling the parts on ebay.... Are you dirtydom69? Thanks for taking your listings down if it is you.
Ha ha not at all but that’s some impressive detective work, I have been looking at the site for a while but never registered as never commented on anything but to ask the question I had to add myself to the site, I actually came across goldenarmour from another site sweetiepie that recommended goldenamour so was curious what this was all about, . When I checked it out it looked like he had been going for years and I assumed that he must have either created them but didn’t realise that you did. He seemed to have a lot of stuff on there and I assumed that he was some big company with the website and all but after searching the name in here I’m a bit weary now. BTW if they are yours then they are probably the best I’ve seen and I’d take it as a compliment.

Attachments

• A49FE0B2-3329-4653-8518-B1C4DA205C10.png
    A49FE0B2-3329-4653-8518-B1C4DA205C10.png
    2 MB · Views: 181
I agree. It is usually easy to sniff them out as they always follow that pattern with first posts here. It seems like the people who join and their first posts is in a thread about recasting and is remotely close to saying anything in defense of the seller in question, is usually 99.9% that seller who just created an account.

... it’s a double edged sword though as a replica is a copy so we are all probably guilty in one way by reproducing any film or tv item to a certain degree as we didn’t have the first idea just depends on the severity.

Interesting point of view....

Replicating a prop for your personal collection and duplicating selling someone else’s hard work for ones personal gain, in my opinion, are two very different things.

My thoughts are this seller falls into the latter category.

If you created the part you could try and VERO claim the parts you created and get auctions shut down that copy your parts. It's not 100%, but I've heard of examples where it works.

Can i play devils advocate for a minute? I dont know the ebay seller at all or if theres any history of this kind of behaviour.

But recasting is really time consuming and even costly... this is a relatively simple part and it seems recasting would be harder than making the part from scratch...

So much so i question if its really a recast and not just a very similar looking part that maybe used the same references to line up the recessed screw holes with the ripples?

Personally looking at the photos I cant see the little deviations between yours and this person part... I mean the marks and damage bits...

If I made this part that lined up the screw holes the same as yours, would I be accused of recasting?

anyway thats just my bit

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back