Ebay Spiderman Suit - Any know if this guy's Legit?

Beautiful costume, but him using "witch" instead of "which" infuriates me :darnkids

Also, never heard of this guy. Not to be all "prop snobberific" but generally if someone has this kinda talent, they are on the board already. Might wanna check some of the other costume forums though.

Chris

That is a great spidey suit. I've heard that ebay listings that ask for you to send info to AOL emails shouldn't be trusted. Can somebody shed some light on the matter?

Never heard of this guy, but the picture of the costume is definatly not his, it's a pic from Oliver von heydt, he used to sell these suits for $2600 a piece! If this guy is offering the same suit for $600 i'd have my doubts. I know these pics because I have the same suit.

Yeah, I also sent him an email for more pics and told him to write my name on a sheet of paper and put it in each shot.

I'll make sure to post if he sends them. My bet is that I won't hear back.

There was this thread made a few months ago about a guy selling a TMP suit on ebay. It also had the same picture in the listing (telling you to email an AOL address). IIRC TMP pointed out it was a fake and the ebay listing was closed down

Looks like a duck, walks like a duck...... it's a trap!:darnkids

Is it the single pictures (probably stolen), the 'contact me off of ebay' image, or the name that makes me the most suspicious? :lol

Reported all three costume auctions for 'avoiding fees', in the very least. :rolleyes

That's definitely a photo of one of Ollie's suit from way back when from the SHH boards, he had a very finite run of these years ago which only a handful of folks wind up receiving, a fellow member here named Gundamzeppelin has a great horror story about that fiasco.

Anyways unscrupulous people have been using Ollie's photos for years and this auction is a continuation of that disreputable trend.

Never heard of this guy, but the picture of the costume is definatly not his, it's a pic from Oliver von heydt, he used to sell these suits for $2600 a piece! If this guy is offering the same suit for $600 i'd have my doubts. I know these pics because I have the same suit.

Are you sure? It looks like a Yuri suit to me. (Schuurkes- a board member who originated from the SuperHeroHype threads)... who still is active in making spiderman costumes/kits.

One of the members here (and SHH), Gundam Zeppelin, if I recall... was one of the last batch of people to receive a complete suit from Ollie before he retired from the replica business.

Unless OVDH became active again or started using a better camera, or someone took more recent pictures of his suit. (Ollie's suit never seemed to have quite that vibrancy of color that Yuri's had)

Either way, it's definitely a stolen picture. No one in their right mind would sell a suit replica that nice for that cheap unless it was illegitimate.

It's a scam. Guy tried the same thing with a TMP suit a couple months ago, same "buy off eBay crap; evidently he's back.

Yeah, I'm sure that's one of Ollies pics. Along with gundam I was one of the others who had problems getting my suit, although he did cone through in the end. Is Yuri still in business? He doesn't answer e-mails, been trying to get one of his kits for a while now.

Well I do believe I've just taken care of this person, if he's using false photos, and claiming it as his, I'm not going to sit back and watch someone get ripped off. So I have a backup eBay account and if anyone wins this it'll be me, but he won't get any payment from it, now if he opens a case on eBay to cancel the transaction after it ends I'll do that so he does'nt get stuck with a ton of eBay fees from his stupidity. If he has a Spider Man suit then he needs to use his own photos. Especially with the info he has on it in the 2nd photo that really makes it suspicious.

Well I do believe I've just taken care of this person, if he's using false photos, and claiming it as his, I'm not going to sit back and watch someone get ripped off. So I have a backup eBay account and if anyone wins this it'll be me, but he won't get any payment from it, now if he opens a case on eBay to cancel the transaction after it ends I'll do that so he does'nt get stuck with a ton of eBay fees from his stupidity. If he has a Spider Man suit then he needs to use his own photos. Especially with the info he has on it in the 2nd photo that really makes it suspicious.

Great!!

he's definetely a scammer

I sent him a email a few days ago requesting photos of actual item knowing the photo used wasn't his or of actual item, he never replied.

GFollano

You guys see the Iron Man he is selling. It's already at $1,000. I feel sorry for the person that ends up paying for nothing.

Yeah he's also got a Robocop for sale, I don't think he has any of these suits, the Robocop photo looks like it was taken at a con, and that Iron Man photo looks familiar. I think it's funny he puts in the auction the Iron Man is made with "glassfiber" that's the first time I've heard fiberglass called that. And then I really love the "SIZE RANGE:
The armor is fully adjustable and will fit just about any body size." I call BS on that, I would fake bid on all 3 of the suits but I don't want to end up getting caught by this ****** and someone else get's screwed over.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back