Ebay Seller Question (502smallblock)

EVO3

Im wondering if anyone here has heard of a seller on Ebay by the name of 502Smallblock. I just sold him a set of my Commander Bly DC17 pistols and it has come to my attention that he is a recaster. Is this true???

Thanks.

Originally posted by EVO3@Feb 14 2006, 10:55 PM
Im wondering if anyone here has heard of a seller on Ebay by the name of 502Smallblock. I just sold him a set of my Commander Bly DC17 pistols and it has come to my attention that he is a recaster. Is this true???

Thanks.
[snapback]1184690[/snapback]​

Yup...as per the thread...prepare to see cheap casts of your gun on ebay soon.....and he's quite unapologetic about it too.

I think when someone's an undisputed complete scumbag, people'll overlook you making some info available... it's so easy for these guys to just change an email address and be able to rip off a whole other group of people

Originally posted by Neon Sentry@Feb 15 2006, 04:14 PM
I think when someone's an undisputed complete scumbag, people'll overlook you making some info available... it's so easy for these guys to just change an email address and be able to rip off a whole other group of people
[snapback]1185035[/snapback]​

Can't the RPF have a section for deadbeats like this?

It can go under RESOURCES.

A list of eBay names, psuedonyms, aliases etc for each person. Hopefully, this would cut down on some of the recasting.

But I guess where there's a will, there's a way.

FB

I agree with FB. There should be a list of names to look out for. It would not only help out prop makers but newbies who might become their potential customers (victoms).

Ive spent a good part of the morning filling out paperwork at the PO to try and retrieve this package that i sent to him. If all goes well it will be intercepted at his PO branch when it arrives. In the meantime i'll just keep bitting my nails. :unsure

By the way, he also goes by the ebay name Slave-13. Just thought some of you might want to know.

Well I know that I'll be building my own personal list of potential customers to block (thanks to the above for identifying eBay names). Although a public list certainly wouldn't be a bad idea as long as each listed individual was a proven menace.

Evo3, good luck getting your package received--got my fingers crossed for ya.

So, just to give an update. The PO actually came through and intercepted the package at its destination. I just picked it up at my PO this morning. Im just glad my guns didnt fall into the wrong hands. I guess the bad guys dont always win. :p

Now i have to refund this F#%$*ers money. Id like to subtract my ebay, paypal and shipping expenses from his refund but i dont know if i could get away with it. I think he would probably file a complaint with Paypal and get my account closed. What would you all do in a case like this??

You have to refund him full payment. You offered to ship him something, changed your mind while it was shipped, and asked for it back from the shippers. Recaster or not, you are obligated to give him his money back.

You'll have to give him the money back. He didn't do anything wrong. You will never be amble to prove he wanted to recast your guns. If you do not give a full refund he can get you in trouble with paypal and rightly so I think.

At least you won the big battle, you got your guns back :thumbsup

Originally posted by EVO3@Feb 18 2006, 09:27 PM
So, just to give an update. The PO actually came through and intercepted the package at its destination. I just picked it up at my PO this morning. Im just glad my guns didnt fall into the wrong hands. I guess the bad guys dont always win. :p

Now i have to refund this F#%$*ers money. Id like to subtract my ebay, paypal and shipping expenses from his refund but i dont know if i could get away with it. I think he would probably file a complaint with Paypal and get my account closed. What would you all do in a case like this??
[snapback]1188009[/snapback]​

Get your own avitar...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back