Ebay Seller Question (502smallblock)

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by EVO3, Feb 14, 2006.

1. EVO3

EVO3 Well-Known Member

Im wondering if anyone here has heard of a seller on Ebay by the name of 502Smallblock. I just sold him a set of my Commander Bly DC17 pistols and it has come to my attention that he is a recaster. Is this true???

Thanks.

2. Sidewinder

Sidewinder Sr Member

3. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

Yup...as per the thread...prepare to see cheap casts of your gun on ebay soon.....and he's quite unapologetic about it too.

4. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

i heard he's a recaster sorry to tell ya... :(

5. skygunbro

skygunbro Well-Known Member

I edited this as I no longer wish to be involved...............

6. Neon Sentry

Neon Sentry Sr Member

I think when someone's an undisputed complete scumbag, people'll overlook you making some info available... it's so easy for these guys to just change an email address and be able to rip off a whole other group of people

7. skygunbro

8. franz bolo

franz bolo Sr Member

Can't the RPF have a section for deadbeats like this?

It can go under RESOURCES.

A list of eBay names, psuedonyms, aliases etc for each person. Hopefully, this would cut down on some of the recasting.

But I guess where there's a will, there's a way.

FB

9. Jimbo890

Jimbo890 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if he is a RPF member? If so, then some recourse is in order. If not, what options are there?

10. skygunbro

11. EVO3

EVO3 Well-Known Member

I agree with FB. There should be a list of names to look out for. It would not only help out prop makers but newbies who might become their potential customers (victoms).

Ive spent a good part of the morning filling out paperwork at the PO to try and retrieve this package that i sent to him. If all goes well it will be intercepted at his PO branch when it arrives. In the meantime i'll just keep bitting my nails. :unsure

By the way, he also goes by the ebay name Slave-13. Just thought some of you might want to know.

12. SG Merc

SG Merc Well-Known Member

Well I know that I'll be building my own personal list of potential customers to block (thanks to the above for identifying eBay names). Although a public list certainly wouldn't be a bad idea as long as each listed individual was a proven menace.

Evo3, good luck getting your package received--got my fingers crossed for ya.

13. EVO3

EVO3 Well-Known Member

So, just to give an update. The PO actually came through and intercepted the package at its destination. I just picked it up at my PO this morning. Im just glad my guns didnt fall into the wrong hands. I guess the bad guys dont always win. :p

Now i have to refund this F#%$*ers money. Id like to subtract my ebay, paypal and shipping expenses from his refund but i dont know if i could get away with it. I think he would probably file a complaint with Paypal and get my account closed. What would you all do in a case like this??

14. Jedirick

Jedirick Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Count your blessings. Quit while you are ahead.

15. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

You have to refund him full payment. You offered to ship him something, changed your mind while it was shipped, and asked for it back from the shippers. Recaster or not, you are obligated to give him his money back.

16. DarthWillie

DarthWillie New Member

You'll have to give him the money back. He didn't do anything wrong. You will never be amble to prove he wanted to recast your guns. If you do not give a full refund he can get you in trouble with paypal and rightly so I think.

At least you won the big battle, you got your guns back :thumbsup

17. Sidewinder

Sidewinder Sr Member

Yeah, refund him fully, but keep in mind all the income you have just denied him from recasting your guns. :)

SAS

18. DARKSIDE72

DARKSIDE72 Sr Member

Get your own avitar...

19. NEKROFANATIC

NEKROFANATIC Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

yeah. :p

20. russrep

russrep Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

BIG YES FORM ME TOO. The guy is recasting my buckles...
    Russ.

21. russrep

russrep Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I just sent him a link . Showing him how much we like him LOL

22. Cenobyte

Cenobyte Sr Member

All you can do is give him a full refund.

No matter if he is a recaster or not, he did buy something from you and YOU reneged on it and got it back.

He should get fully refunded.

If he paid through paypal, make sure you refund him with the fees also so he gets exactly what he sent to you or you might get in trouble with paypal.

23. EVO3

EVO3 Well-Known Member

Well a gave him a full refund. Its just hard to play fair with someone who obviously doesnt mind stealing from others. I did send him a little message with his refund though......

Heres your refund. I dont need your business. You should take all the money that youre spending on stealing other peoples work and invest it in some art classes and maybe some ethics classes as well. You'll learn a real feeling of pride when you sell a creation that is truely your own. Till then, remember, what goes around comes around.

I feel a little better now. :D

Oh, BTW, ive got a new avitar. Its my personalized FL. license plate. :p

24. DARKSIDE72

DARKSIDE72 Sr Member

Ya little BASTARD. :lol

25. skygunbro

I wanted it publicly noted I deleted my posts in this thread......Becuase of a threat received from this person... below is his email to me sent through ebay:

"Hi Guy

I was just in the web site Replica Prop Forum and seen that you are running your mouth about me.

I sell my parts at what i fell to be a fair price I do not have to stick to other people on stuff that I sell.
    The people that are crying know that I make a better part and can sell it for less

Now you made the statement that i need practice to make a fiberglass helmet sorry to inform you but i have 25 years in building fiberglass stuff. From street rods to high dollar race cars.

If you check one guys web site you will find my chest box and switch kits for sale that he copied from me. You will also find items that other e-bayers are selling

So my friend you may want to know what you are talking about before you open your mouth.

I had an old man tell me a long time a go DO NOT GET MAD GET EVEN.

By the way your helmet was not worth the time to copy"

Also just as a side note Im not laying down just dont have the time to play little kid games.......I have also reported this harrassing and threatining email to ebay because I want it on record......As far as im concerned im done with this.....

26. DarthWillie

DarthWillie New Member

report him to e-bay, simple as that.

27. combatser

combatser New Member

Wow, what a threat. :rolleyes Sounds like a windbag to me.

28. EVO3

EVO3 Well-Known Member

I just basically got the same email from him. This guy is a first rate A hole. I guess hes mad at me for not laying down and letting him recast my hard work. Heres a copy of his email to me......

He obviously doesnt hide his colors.

29. Noeland

Noeland Sr Member

Well, I think that's a threat of recasting right there. Just goes to show, like any thief, if they want to get inside your house, they'll get inside your house.

You might want to check back and see who bought your first set and explain the situation and ask him not to let this fellow recast your work, though, if he is a "friend" it may just expedite the sitaution, who knows.

These emails really showcase his inability to create something new though, don't they. He even has to recast his own emails. :thumbsdown

Njc------------------

30. TOSPHASER

TOSPHASER Sr Member

502smallblock...........WHAT A PIECE OF WORK.. :lol
    He has been recasting me and when I blocked him from bidding he had others buy for him.............the almighty buck is what rules this jerk. I will speak as I feel here as this has nothing to do with ebay... :lol :lol :lol :lol ...........Everyone needs to block him from bidding on their auctions......remember to include in your discriptions you have the right to remove any or all unwanted bids..............are you reading this RON.. :lol Everyone works real hard on what they make not to have a fool like you recast it..................I only have one thing to say about 502small_ock :thumbsdown :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Glad you got your stuff back............Oh and any threats from him need to be turned into ebay.....if enough of us turn him in he will be removed. :D

31. ManicMechanic

ManicMechanic New Member

Not only showcase his inability's on prop building but also a basic understanding of sentence structure, spelling and diction. lol..

Prior to knowing his MO' I messaged him to ask him his shipping rate on a MQ-1 chip cast.
    He responded that he no longer ships to Canada.

Confused at this point as why someone wouldn't want to ship something as small as that I asked in a reply why.
    I was given this response.

'I was given negative feedback for spite due to this person being paet of a group who is trying to control who can sell star wars stuff'

So of coarse my next step was to figure out exactly what he was talking about. Checking his feedback I found the comment that he was huffing about and that lead me here. As well as quite a few other posts about him through out the RPF.

Sounds like a real piece of work.
    I am certainly glad I didnt send my messily $5 to him and would much rather spend more on someone who deserves it.

Now to sit back and wait for my threat in my ebay folder from Mr No talent windbag. Guys like this really erk me.
    I am really glad you got your guns back man.
    Cheers all.

Apology for Neroing such a old post also.

Last edited: May 22, 2011
  32. Amish Trooper

Amish Trooper Sr Member

The main group was the Armor Coalition which is a group of guys mostly if not all prop makers who are only trying to protect the stuff they make. Ron L. is D Bag