Ebay seller csaduck with studio tags

The Prop Stop

Sr Member
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...4552&de=off&items=25&interval=0&mPg=32&page=3

I would urge all buyers to look at these items very carefully. Most of the tags from Warners etc I have never seen anywhere else and look to have been made with a rubber stamp.

Hundred and thousands of dollars are being generated and Im interested in others opinions especially on these items

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Saving-Priv...928?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3392d8d4f8

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Saving-Priv...953?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ad9665019

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Friends-Pro...517?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3392d7e12d

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Friends-Pro...613?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ad9639b5d

(shirt is different to pic)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Friends-Pro...641?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3392d637e1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Outlaw-Joes...210?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ad97963ea

(Signature)

Much of the hand writing looks similar, the tags are unfamiliar too me in general, lots of stamped items where custom tags would have been printed....

Very, very dicey.

I think the bottom line is that although I don't think a definite finger can be pointed at anything, I personally wouldn't touch any of those items with a 10-foot pole.

The shirt, and other things, you pointed out is one 'indication', but it was the Raiders revolver that rang the most alarm bells in my head.

The Josie Wales revolver's details don't match the photo that he actually uses. He must be using Profiles as a model. It's easy to find that shot in a higher rez form and the trigger guard, for instance, isn't even close.

D

So we agree then : the Raiders revolver is a bogus.

............. Duh :lol

(not duh'ing you MFP, duh'ing the how obvious it is :lol)

^ coincidence that now in the auction there is a photo pointing where these hats were worn?
Almost like.... He is reading this thread and changing his auctions accordingly :lol

And check out his "screen used Chandler' shirt" from Friends.
The screen shot showing the shirt has three colors. The short he is selling has the same three colors but the order if the colors is wrong. :lol

Not sure of his intent, but csaduck has definitely made some erroneous claims about props he's posted. Two that come to mind are a Dirty Harry badge in June of 2013 and a Colt revolver attributed to Michael Biehn in Tombstone this past April. In both cases there were discrepancies between his offerings and his provided screen captures and the actual screen used props...I think both of those examples were listings that ended early. Regarding the aforementioned Josey Wales revolver, the accompanying "autographed" photo seems suspicious to me...I'm no expert, but both the signature and the handwritten notice look very wrong.

Does anyone have any insight pertaining to the photograph of the COA for csaduck's Josey Wales bandana?

Wouldn't WB eat this dude in a second if they thought he was doing the dodgy? I'd imagine they'd be pretty militant.

If they knew about it. I just looked over the Chandler shirt and I have to agree, they are completely different patterns. I asked the guy why the patterns were different, let's see what he says.

I filed reports on eBay for the shirt and revolver. Clint Eastwood kept the revolvers and has them in a private collection. How did this guy end up with one?

Does anyone have any insight pertaining to the photograph of the COA for csaduck's Josey Wales bandana?

Why would a personal assistant be signing off on a certificate of authenticity from warner bros?

An obviously hinky seller, and yet so many people seem to be bidding on the stuff.

Since the guns came from Stembridge, and there were multiples, the real ones as well as throw downs have been sold and documented. They were sold at HIGH NOON, PIH and other houses and two have been resold in the $23,000 to $35,000 range with original and copies of the receipts where each gun is shown by serial number and make. You can Google every sale.

None of them are the crap this guy, with his almost comical made up labels, sells. Did anyone notice the gun he offers has a Paramount tag on it while OJW was produced by WB and that label also uses the Viacom logo that did not exist until 1994?

Since the guns came from Stembridge, and there were multiples, the real ones as well as throw downs have been sold and documented. They were sold at HIGH NOON, PIH and other houses and two have been resold in the $23,000 to $35,000 range with original and copies of the receipts where each gun is shown by serial number and make. You can Google every sale.

None of them are the crap this guy, with his almost comical made up labels, sells. Did anyone notice the gun he offers has a Paramount tag on it while OJW was produced by WB and that label also uses the Viacom logo that did not exist until 1994?

I would contact him on these points. The more people point out to him that he is a con artist, and we know it and are willing to cast light publicly or to Warner Bros... He might remove it all and hide.

Lol... He has an "original" nazi flag pole top used in Raiders.
His is shown laying on a grid that shows the size to be between 10"-12"
The production photo he posted looks like these things are well over a couple feet wide in the production.
His labels are a joke!

And did you notice he puts a clap board with email address in the photos?
He then puts this in his description:
"Copy down the address on the clapper board, just in case ebay closes this auction, and you still want to buy it from me off of ebay".
Guess he knows sooner or later he might get shut down.
But doesn't this violate eBay rules of promoting sales outside their site?

Last edited:
As for contacting him, all that will do is school him on how to make better fakes, although these posts may accomplish the same task. He has been at it for years.

I wonder what goes through such a person's mind while putting forth the effort and time into making these farcical labels; it can't possess a single tinge of guilt or ethics - so what would we appeal to?

Maybe if he realizes that passing forgeries will be jail time?
I am sure Warner Bros and Paramount would love to hear of someone mass producing fake movie props.

I doubt it. I don't think his output qualifies as "mass producing" and Paramount seems to have backed off it's 1990s aggressive moves we saw with it's STAR TREK enforcement at conventions and auctions. The only proactive actions I have seen from WB is going after real pieces in the marketplace they felt were rightfully still theirs.

Even when LA PROP/HOLLYWOOD PROP SUPPLY (the source claimed and on the stickers of many of the pieces in this thread) were exposed at Heritage, mass refunds were the remedy and not criminal prosecution.

And, they still sell on eBay.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back