Ebay mannequins - what size do they normally run?

hydin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was curious about this. i have several ideas for some displays, and its easy enough to find someone (or a pattern) for the costumes, but to display them i need mannequins.

my question is, what size are these guys usaully? large? medium? extra large?

im talking the cheapy ones, the 150$ range ones. not the 800 dollar guys.

never had a mannequin (that wasnt squishy), so i dunno what if any "size" fits these guys.

any helps appreciated. one persons "large" might be another persons "medium", so im hoping for a general overview of these.

thanks.
chris

Mannequins just suck. :lol

They're never right. Most of the are about 6' tall on average and very skinny. Usually in the 100-150 dollar range. They are usually skinnier than they look in pics.

I got one for about 125 a couple years ago. It's the average 6' tall and skinny. And everything I put on it is baggy.

damn. most of the ideas i have involve a relatively tight costume. i dont want to have spandex baggies on a costume display.

probably safe to assume medium to large then, unless they state XL or "BIG" or something for the ad.

damnation.

chris

Is there no way to effectively bulk up a mannequin? Or to make it match a particular costume you want to display with it?

I'm totally posting out of my arse here, but we have some very clever folks on these boards, so how about some ideas for making a skinny mannequin work for whatever costume is being put on it?

Has no one done this? Is it possible?
Njc------------

I bought one listed at 5' 8" and it is at least 6' 2" and no body type I've ever seen.

Still pretty cool, though :)

Yeah the average mannequin is approx 6' tall, 38" chest, 32" waist. About right for Boba Fett and Harrison Ford characters, but not so right for Vader, Luke or a stormtrooper.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back