Prop Store

Ebay CHappie Scam *READ*

Discussion in 'Production Made Costumes and Props' started by bluerage11, Apr 2, 2015.

1. bluerage11

bluerage11 Member

Hey Ya'll I found this listing a little while ago assuming it was VIP (pics are theirs and so is description). But it's some account from China and the guy has a rating of "0". I contacted VIP to give them a heads up on their property being infringed upon. Additionally, I contacted the seller and told him the Jig is up and i was contacting VIP, Ebay, and informing members of the prop collecting community. Dont know if it's worth the risk, something def seems fishy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHAPPIE-DEON-DEV-PATEL-SCREEN-USED-TETRAVAAL-GUARD-KEY-CASE-GUARD-KEY-SET-/141623436376?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20f96a2458

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
  2. Sundowner

Sundowner Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Are they using photos from the VIP auctions

3. bluerage11

bluerage11 Member

yes pics and description belong to VIP

4. Guardian Devil

Guardian Devil Sr Member

I had also emailed VIP as soon as this showed up, but received no reply. - but it looks like nobody has been suckered by it as it hasn't had any bids.

5. bluerage11

bluerage11 Member

As a buyer, seller, trader of props my biggest goal in life is to aggressively pursue scams. i hate the bad name it creates across the board for people trying to initiate legitimate tranasctions

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
  6. irishamericanlad

irishamericanlad Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Some one took a picture of my swords i made, then made an account that mirrored my own and sold it as me, after not receiving it, they came to me demanding I sell them the sword they paid for.. Super crappy...

7. bluerage11

bluerage11 Member

Well fortunately EBAY removed the scammer. VIP reached out and thanked me for bringing it to their attention :)