earth magnets vs velcro

mothmonty

Sr Member
So I have seen pics of both versions. I have had experience using both (not for pred stuff). I know the industrial velcro is tough/durable but how are the earth magnets for holding a Bio onto a faceless mask.
Second question: I just inserted 35 dreds into my faceless mask and I got sort of a Tina Turner thing going, do I weigh them down somehow or just let them hang? They are monsterroom dreads which have been washed and dried.
Thanks
Greg

I've seen one undermask with earth magnets (don't know what kind or anything, sorry) and it works great. The bio is actually tough to pull off.

Earth magnets are probably the best way to go as long as the Bio fits the mask well. I have used both methods and velcro works great too. The magnets are better for a full face mask ...makes the whole removing the bio thing much more dramatic. As for the dreads ...if you cut the un- tapered end at an angle before attaching them, it settles the "big hair" problem

As said, personally for a undermask which has no face id use velcro as its going to hold that much better, on the flip side , i use Earth magnets for my full face mask, as Ptgreek said , it looks great when you remove the bio to show no visible way of holding the bio on.

As for dreds they should lie down alittle over time, adding the dred rings will also help this :)

EDIT. the earth magnets i use personally ( im not saying THIS IS THE SIZE TO USE, just my opinion ) are 20mm diameter.

What size earth magnets work best?

Well mine are about 1/4 inch thick and 1 inch across and they work fine. They are the only ones I have tried though so can't help in terms of them being better/worse than other sizes.
I know nobody would see the velcro on an undermask, but my undermask was my first ever airbrush paint job and I didn't wanna hide it by sticking a slab of velcro on, wanted to be able to show it off if I felt like it! :)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back