ears

UltimateHunter

After watching P2 again with a friend (whose not sooo much in the predator world) who, during the movie, asked me how the predators hear.
I usually can answer any question about the predator, but I didn't know how to answer this one.
Do any of you know how the predator's hear?
Of all the movies and the masks made, I still don't see any ears. Any of you know?

One time I got the wise answer from One End:
"There ears are on the side of the head under the Dread line. It doesn't look like a traditional ear."

So, I would go with that. :D

Kotten

Maybe they don't hear like we do. They may not hear at all, but sense vibrations in the air and ground like snakes and like sharks in the water. Every sound emits a vibration, some minute and some powerful. Maybe the Preds have highly attuned vibration receptors. Maybe that's what the dreads or quills are for. Who knows?

I always wondered what they eat...
You see them skin people and take the skulls and such, but never see them eat. But I wonder, do they throw away the skin, or do they keep it? Maybe that's what they eat... skin... eeew.
Hmm.. no, probably not.

Kotten

I always wondered what they eat...
You see them skin people and take the skulls and such, but never see them eat. But I wonder, do they throw away the skin, or do they keep it? Maybe that's what they eat... skin... eeew.
Hmm.. no, probably not.

Kotten
there was a thread one time and that was brought up... one thery was they make us or our skin into a food lik beef jerky.... it was a while back so i dont remember the specifics that were said...

*looks at her arm* hmmm *pours teriyaki sauce on her arm and to munch on it* mmmmm

@ Dahdtoudi, roninpred

Maybe instead of that membrane they have just oval shaped holes.... why would the fiercest fighter in the galaxy have a weak spot like that?

Hmmm, nobody get close enough to look much less poke....

@ MisserCraig
(that pic brings back memories of the debate.... "I'm all ears" :lol: )

---
Ei'luj

I kind of always thought, by their mostly reptilian features, that they just had little slit like openings like many Earth reptiles. Sorry for the Earth comparison, I know that isn't flying too well in that other thread about their technology, but I just figured their ears must be something like that. I agree with ei'luj... surely they could not have evolved to have super sensitive tympanic membrane so external?

I'm using my bearded dragon as reference....

Last edited by a moderator:
That's right, maybe they have a little ridge right at the rear of the opening to carry the sound into the ear canal, but that's it- no big ears like that guy in the picture
the eardrum is inside like ours, with a hard head to protect everything....

---
Ei'luj

peter keys: maybe he has a taste for beef! (preadator 2) no exact line but undr lying meaning is there, ad teone ranger jery tagert ortalbot said he lst the predator in the saughter huse distrit like b.o. nd bar-b-que, wooooooof!

maybe the clicking the preds do is a form of hearing like radar, or could be a micro amplyfier onboard the bio that pics up vibes ad translates them into sound via the visor(lens).
al of our speculations sound feezable , i like them all. lol

forget about the ears! the predators not whear underwhear! have anybody saw their ...... you know! it supose to be huge!

LOL......well if it IS huge......I dont know WHERE they keep it......groin armour doesn't seem that big.

Tell you what tho......UNLIKE us humans......preds would probably NOT be very big oral sex fans.....I mean......if you were a male pred.......and a female pred offered to suck it........would YOU want to put it anywhere near a mouth full of tusks?

LOL......well if it IS huge......I dont know WHERE they keep it......groin armour doesn't seem that big.

Tell you what tho......UNLIKE us humans......preds would probably NOT be very big oral sex fans.....I mean......if you were a male pred.......and a female pred offered to suck it........would YOU want to put it anywhere near a mouth full of tusks?
ohh..my god!!! " -I'm busy right now ,maybe later !now I'm gonna kill arnie , see ya' ,ugly mother f..er !" :lol: and when he is out of the cold water .....his ..thing is already shrink enough not to see at all! and that is mad about! :lol:

Im curios , why does them being immensly feirce warriors dictate their anatomy?

just because your hard as nails, you can evolve physically to get rid of said weakness? physiology is not dictated by your ability to kick ass.

sorry but thats just plain dumb to even think so.

When Arnie threw the stone, the noise 1st alerted the predator, the predator mimicking Arnie and Danny glover proves they can hear.

and even in AVPR Wolf was alerted by the ******** cop standing on a twig.

The Preds may be like kangaroos (mammals) who have the ability to suck their testicles into their abdomens when they fight to avoid injury to the family jewels. The Preds probably never have their stuff exposed except when mating, since they can be in mortal danger when they hunt. The evidence from the novels and the appearance of the Preds themselves leads strongly to the fact that they are closer to mammals than reptiles. There's no way to know what their reproductive organs would be like except with yet another earth comparison. Who cares?

This is probably a topic I can go on for days about..... but you probably didn't want to know that. So, erm... how did we go from ears to genitalia anyway..... ??????

This is probably a topic I can go on for days about..... but you probably didn't want to know that. So, erm... how did we go from ears to genitalia anyway..... ??????

You can go on for days about ears or predator genetalia??

Aaanyway, so their ears hey? Lets talk about that...

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back