Earning more trophy points when thread views/messages get to certain milestones?

TazMan2000

Master Member
Good discussions and projects attract more members, thusly earning the site more advertising revenue. Shouldn't members who have good thread or projects be rewarded with more trophy points?

TazMan2000

Upvote 0
You essentially already are. Likes get you trophy points, and you get liked for good threads/projects. Did you have a different idea in mind?

You essentially already are. Likes get you trophy points, and you get liked for good threads/projects. Did you have a different idea in mind?

Not a different idea, just an expansion of the current trophy points. What is the purpose of trophy points? Is it to reward members, kind of like a game, or is it to show stature of members who are contributing to the community, rewarding those with trophy points who contribute more?

If a member creates a thread that is popular which has many views and replies (whether good or bad) does it not generated more traffic and subsequently more membership for the site? Does more traffic and membership create more advertising revenue to support the site? I was just thinking that creating popular threads should have a few points attached to it when it reaches either a certain amount of replies or views (maybe starting at 10,000 views or 1000 replies).

Obviously nobody has commented or liked my suggestion, so I'm assuming nobody else agrees or nobody cares. Just a thought.

TazMan2000

Last edited:
Not a different idea, just an expansion of the current trophy points. What is the purpose of trophy points? Is it to reward members, kind of like a game, or is it to show stature of members who are contributing to the community, rewarding those with trophy points who contribute more?

If a member creates a thread that is popular which has many views and replies (whether good or bad) does it not generated more traffic and subsequently more membership for the site? Does more traffic and membership create more advertising revenue to support the site? I was just thinking that creating popular threads should have a few points attached to it when it reaches either a certain amount of replies or views (maybe starting at 10,000 views or 1000 replies).

Obviously nobody has commented or liked my suggestion, so I'm assuming nobody else agrees or nobody cares. Just a thought.

TazMan2000
Actually, I just found this and I like your idea! Also, at least a couple of others here did as well, so there's that!

I gave a thumbs-up early on to the idea. In fact, I lost my thumb over this. But it’s kinda scary and dark in here. And cold. Like freezing! I’m totally on board (y)

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back