Eaglemoss Build the DeLorean North American Release

I am debating between subscribing on this or rather buying 1/6 Hot Toys pre-built one. The latter is more appealing because is in scale with their figures, bigger and less expensive.
Personally I'm more excited about building it myself, plus it's only a few dollars a month compared to all at once . I just wish it wouldn't take so long to get the whole kit ,I can say the detail is incredible including lights,working switches inside etc . It's pretty screen accurate.

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Doubtful, I've messaged Eaglemoss multiple times asking if they have any plans to release in Canada. Every time they say they have no plans in the works. It's a shame that Universal went with Eaglemoss in the UK and USA, but Deagostini in Japan. Deagostini can distribute to all of North American.

I was able to get issues 1 to 51 in a single auction off ebay, shipped from the UK. Was able to save a huge amount.

I plan on getting the remaining parts through hobby link japan. They at least have the option to place issues in a Private Warehouse for up to 60 days. Hlj doesn't keep any in stocks, and once you've made the order it takes 4-6 weeks to be placed in your Private Warehouse. Order 10-20 issues at the same time, then once they get in, you can wait up to 60 days before you bundle them together and pay to have them shipped to reduce shipping costs.

Still gonna pay a premium to get them, but it's one of the cheaper ways to do it. Plus it gives you breathing room between paying for the order and paying for the shipping.

I think i'm going to subscribe to this service, but i'm worried i'm a little late to the party, and they might cancel the subscription before i get the last 9 months worth of pieces. Do you think i'm safe?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back