Eaglemoss 2 foot Enterprise D

Lear60man

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Anyone subscribed to this kit? I like the fact that it comes pre painted in iridescent Aztec pattern. I love my Deago Falcon warts and all so this would be my second subscription kit.

Yup I did. First ever subscription kit at that [emoji16] I got the first delivery a couple weeks ago.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to buld as it comes in or wait till I get enough parts to do proper chunks.....and also still have no Idea where it will be going when it's done lol. [emoji53][emoji12]

It is nice and big but it does have a couple "hiccups" already. But for me anyway, they are easy enough to adjust.

This thng is die cast correct? RE wait or do it all at once.....I bought my Deago Falcon all at once and attacked it. With that said, I had some duplicate and missing parts that stopped the progress. If I did this kit, I woul ddo the subscription so that when there is a missing part, i can have it shipped in the next package.

Oh....and please post a progress shot!

I wish I knew what the base was going to look like are the entire dimensions posted somewhere. Hiccups? Please expand as I am a modeling nube

Last edited:
The base has to be great no one wants a great looking build and lousy looking base. I am thinking about but have not committed. I am still thinking about the Batmobile as well. Some great builds but the base has to be great as well.

Just saw this base I like it.
CB1B80CD-6E6F-427E-95CB-EF858454293D.jpeg

It is a mix of diecast and plastic. The parts in the first set are the bridge and deck 2 and the top half of one nacelle.

The hiccups are not really anything major, just little details like the bridge dome is solid but "should" be clear and lit, the vent grills on the sides of the bridge, one is clear and lit and shouldn't be and the grill behind the bussard is molded in transparent orange instead of solid, but that is actually supposed to get replaced later. So far all easy tweaks really.

I'm thinking I will at least go through the parts as I get them to make sure everything is right, but as a example with the nacelles, I haven't built the one half yet. I will wait till I have the rest of those parts and do them at the same time.

I also already plan to change the electrics a bit as well. As I understand it, there will be 4 separate power supplies/battery packs and 4 switches. I plan on changing to wall power and maybe two switches at most, but I will need to have more of it here to know exactly how that will actually work.

There are a couple youtube channels from the UK that are doing the build and are a delivery or two ahead of the US. With the couple parts I have so far and what I am seeing on the youtubes, I am not at all disappointed with signing up. There are a bunch of people complaining already tho, of course lol, mainly because of the bridge.... "how could they, worst kit ever, ect... ect". [emoji12] I am not one of them.[emoji16][emoji41]
20210315_105550.jpg
20210315_105852.jpg

The base has to be great no one wants a great looking build and lousy looking base. I am thinking about but have not committed. I am still thinking about the Batmobile as well. Some great builds but the base has to be great as well.
I did the batmobile as well, last week actually lol. :cool: Resisted the urge with these kits for many years until this D popped up... now I have the batmobile ordered and I am unfortunately seriously considering the Delorean again and of course the Ecto 1 as well :rolleyes::oops::(:D:p

Last edited:
The overall price doesn't seem too bad if I'm reading things correctly - the first bit is $4.95, then 4x $15.35 or $16.35 including shipping. Looks nice to me, I'm more tempted than I should be!

I ordered the kit as a platinum kit as I like the larger base vs the triangle base. I also noticed the square base is lipped so either a cover will be offered or I will have one made for it

Last edited:
The overall price doesn't seem too bad if I'm reading things correctly - the first bit is $4.95, then 4x $15.35 or $16.35 including shipping. Looks nice to me, I'm more tempted than I should be!
It's $60.... something a month, at 4 kits per month and 120 kits total.... I think is what it was. Lol I just did the math a couple days ago and already forgot what it was [emoji12][emoji53]

It's $60.... something a month, at 4 kits per month and 120 kits total.... I think is what it was. Lol I just did the math a couple days ago and already forgot what it was [emoji12][emoji53]
Oh, well, I totally misread that hah. It's a bit more of an investment than I was thinking, still tempting though. Thanks for clearing that up!

Oh, well, I totally misread that hah. It's a bit more of an investment than I was thinking, still tempting though. Thanks for clearing that up!
LOL yup, they list it as price plus shipping per kit, but then mention the 4 kits per month/shipment. So kit price x 4 plus shipping x 4. :) Just checked my notes, it is 120 kits total and if I added correctly, $61.40 per month x 30 months for a total of $1842.

It’s an indulgence but spread out over time it is pretty cool. At least it’s a subscription of something you actually want. I haven’t seen a decent metal enterprise D since the masterpiece model version I saw in the experience and it was a painted brass model with visible screws etc. Take a look at the YouTube videos of folks going through the build. That’s what sold me. GC

It’s an indulgence but spread out over time it is pretty cool. At least it’s a subscription of something you actually want. I haven’t seen a decent metal enterprise D since the masterpiece model version I saw in the experience and it was a painted brass model with visible screws etc. Take a look at the YouTube videos of folks going through the build. That’s what sold me. GC

For sure, I'm a fan of subscriptions that bring regular joy. I'll check out some videos, the Enterprise D will always be my favorite ship.

I saw that on Ebay! Anyone care to comment about the base color differences between the Masterpiece and Eaglemoss? Eaglemoss looks kida dark grey and the Masterpiece looks more eye correct (duck egg blue?)

I have seen it in person. The one for sale on Ebay is ridiculous price wise. It is/was whitish grey. It was made of brass and laser cut and was lighted only. I remember back in the day a few folks modified them for sound and added a remote. While is was awesome at the time it was incrediblly expensive at about a $3500 price point in the Star Trek experience store. The stand was just a solid wire structure only. I remember painted screws in the neck that held the saucer section to the rest of the ship. It was old tech so it used a lot of bulbs and was warm. Fast forward 20 years I am excited to see this Eaglemoss kit with LEDs and hopefully no visible screws.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back