Eaglemoss 2 foot Enterprise D

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

goldcylon

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So set up to start phase 7 today and kit 23 was missing but I have two kit 24s so.... another call to customer service to ship out the missing kit grrrr. Obviously simple shipping error. At this rate extra parts will abound

goldcylon

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Phase 7 and 8 are done. These kits came with more upper hull panels and the bottom and one side of the battle bridge is now completed. I also as well have the battle bridge gap that folks have been pointing but, I am not concerned as it will be displayed whole. Eaglemoss has been a challenge lately. In kit 7 they gave me two of the same part and shorted me one that I needed. This week they double charged me and sent me another Phase 8 with a book from the 3rd Phase YIKES! Phase 9 is in the mail. My wiring under the hull is like a hurricane spaghetti model but it works better this way when you are joining panels. I will sort it out with small proper wire ties when I'm done with one side.
6C3EEE2F-86B3-4099-BFB1-081DAFDF4519.jpeg
1408F7F7-E8A7-46BB-B473-A2A5AE107CA9.jpeg
58025125-9C8C-476D-90AA-AD25B61255D6.jpeg
7E974DF9-7159-4D37-8173-F742674AC4D4.jpeg

Last edited:

goldcylon

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Phase 9 is done! Main pieces in this kit was finishing off one side of the cobra neck and adding the 2nd pcb board but this one is the largest main PCB boards so far to run power under the main hull saucer section. The other smaller PCB board went in the cobra neck in an earlier phase. There were other hull pieces in these last two phases built but are apparently for other phases yet to come. I did not put the other pieces in the pictures because who cares until they are attached.. right ?

So my impression so far. Fun kit... The master modelers of "which I am not" are complaining about light bleed. Lack of an upper beacon, are painting different areas and such. For me I think it's a good model but it's FAR from perfection. I also see all that as well. Aligning the edges take finesse, the wiring routing instruction are close but you may have to reroute to get the panels to match correctly. I had a struggle getting the the screws into the metal superstructure for the first side of the cobra neck but my advise is just to slow and steady. GC
E6DA1294-3F32-46A4-B29F-F9DFD1D5688A.jpeg
EFA4D928-4E63-46FB-9F05-3BB61226F7FD.jpeg
63BD7979-D06E-47D9-ADBA-E11CC3CC8FEF.jpeg
23DDCD6C-E181-4564-BA08-122F6A962B28.jpeg
B44B2D95-2EA8-4D2D-A133-C25E625353D1.jpeg

Last edited:

nkg

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Definitely light bleed all over. Looks like a bottle or two of black Tulip fabric paint is in order. :)

Lear60man

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Get a bottle of liquid electrical tape. Its made by Plastidip and works well for light bleeding. I used it on both my Deago falcon and 1:350 Enterprise. Im sure you have seen this, but there is a guy who wears a TNG shirt who is building this model on YouTube. Some good tips and tricks. Here is a link to the liquid black stuff....its like thick flexible tape. Paint it on the inside after the windows...and your set.

goldcylon

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Get a bottle of liquid electrical tape. Its made by Plastidip and works well for light bleeding. I used it on both my Deago falcon and 1:350 Enterprise. Im sure you have seen this, but there is a guy who wears a TNG shirt who is building this model on YouTube. Some good tips and tricks. Here is a link to the liquid black stuff....its like thick flexible tape. Paint it on the inside after the windows...and your set.

Ordered !

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.