E11 Blaster

More like tens of thousands.
Of course! I was just making the point that if someone thought or knew this mgc prop was real from production that they would not of even thought about selling for less than a inaccurate MR replica.

Edit.

Or the same price as an MR. They would have thought they had a golden unicorn.

Last edited:
So are you saying Bapty were the only people in the first three films involved with this?
Bapty for the first two films, Stembridge for U.S. production unit on Jedi.

Of course! I was just making the point that if someone thought or knew this mgc prop was real from production that they would not of even tbought about selling for less than a inaccurate MR replica.
I got what you meant, just a clarification. no offense meant.

So are you saying Bapty were the only people in the first three films involved with this?

• Bapty supplied the firearms for ANH and ESB. The firearms they supplied were all real live-fire sterlings - not MGCs. Real Sterlings are pretty common in the UK - there would have been no need to use an MGC.
  • As far as im aware, no MGC sterlings were used in ESB. ESB used real live-fire sterlings and resin casts.
  • MGC sterlings were used in ROTJ (1982 filming) - particularly important as real Sterlings are pretty rare in the US (do they have to be cut up to import?). MGCs would be easy to access.

I spoke with the seller on the phone & via email several times & he genuinely seemed legit & not what you have suggested a liar. I feel he would of had no need to do this as he was charging me less than an MR Blaster at the time that was no only made of metal it looks good.

He probably does believe it is real and screen used - but the evidence presented suggests it is not a screen used item but an older replica.

Also - how did it get from the US -> UK?

Last edited:
paperwork from Dept of The Treasury to Replica Models Inc. in Virginia, stamped Sep 1977

Filming of ESB started in 1979 and ROTJ 1982, so if the letter is stamped 1977, we can assume that they were suggesting that this is a screen used item from ANH (or ‘Star Wars’ as it would have been called then).

We know that real sterling’s were used for in ANH, no resin, no MGCs. Even when they couldn’t use real firearms they didn’t opt for an MGC, rather they just modified a few sterling’s (Tunisia). So it stands to reason that they had Sterlings galore.

Unfortunately, unless an item can be matched to screen these days or has a perfect story, often they’re just replicas or copy’s.

Still a lovely piece of a collection!

The evidence you've supplied in your pictures is definitive. It is a Marco replica, period. Over the last twenty years I've owned two MGC sterlings and can say definitively without a doubt that that is what you have. I've also seen many Marco replicas over those years, both in pictures and in person, and can say definitively that you have a Marco replica, not a production used piece.
Thanks for the info

Filming of ESB started in 1979 and ROTJ 1982, so if the letter is stamped 1977, we can assume that they were suggesting that this is a screen used item from ANH (or ‘Star Wars’ as it would have been called then).

We know that real sterling’s were used for in ANH, no resin, no MGCs. Even when they couldn’t use real firearms they didn’t opt for an MGC, rather they just modified a few sterling’s (Tunisia). So it stands to reason that they had Sterlings galore.

Unfortunately, unless an item can be matched to screen these days or has a perfect story, often they’re just replicas or copy’s.

Still a lovely piece of a collection!
Thanks I agree, reckon it was a Replica Models Inc/Thomas B Nelson made replica Sterling which has then been changed into an E11 Blaster at some stage after.

Thanks I agree, reckon it was a Replica Models Inc/Thomas B Nelson made replica Sterling which has then been changed into an E11 Blaster at some stage after.
Google "Model Gun Corporation" it is the Japanese company that made your Sterling replica. Replica Models Inc. was likely the importer to America.
Your sterling is actually not a replica of the British sterling L2A3 MkIV, but that of a Canadian C 1 sterling.

Last edited:
Of course! I was just making the point that if someone thought or knew this mgc prop was real from production that they would not of even thought about selling for less than a inaccurate MR replica.

Edit.

Or the same price as an MR. They would have thought they had a golden unicorn.
The seller understood he had no hard evidence so sold it on an ebay auction, how much is a well made replica
Google "Model Gun Corporation" it is the Japanese company that made your Sterling replica. Replica Models Inc. was likely the importer to America.
Your sterling is actually not a replica of the British sterling L2A3 MkIV, but that of a Canadian C 1 sterling.
I will thanks

Tomo Here's how you know the story the person who sold you this replica isn't as legit versus the information you're getting here:

He was trying to sell you something.

No one here has any vested interest in your replica E-11. In fact, if this were another screen used or production made piece, people here would be ecstatic.

Tomo Here's how you know the story the person who sold you this replica isn't as legit versus the information you're getting here:

He was trying to sell you something.

No one here has any vested interest in your replica E-11. In fact, if this were another screen used or production made piece, people here would be ecstatic.
Thing is by saying what you are saying you are accusing the seller of being dishonest & me of being a poor judge of character, of course you may be right, you also may be wrong. Neither of us were there & who is to say Gary Kurtz did not get this gun & mess with it, perhaps he had a friend get it for him? We can only guess at the situation & make a calculated judgement. I can see there is insight here as to what is what, you have to remember I'm new on here & do not know any of you, so far I have received several offers from people here to buy the gun, which I am not interested in doing. So in that way you are wrong, If you had a potential original prop & you were told by a complete stranger that it was not what you were led to believe & then offered money for it, would you sell it without checking out the hx first?
Trust earned not given!

Something to read about MGC's:

And the Model Gun Corporation Sterling is a replica of the Canadian C1, which is different form L2A3 Sterling used in ANH/ESB. The MGC is not a perfect replica of the C1 either, they have some differences too. Also the MGC Sterling is the rarest of all the MGC guns they made

• Bapty supplied the firearms for ANH and ESB. The firearms they supplied were all real live-fire sterlings - not MGCs. Real Sterlings are pretty common in the UK - there would have been no need to use an MGC.
  • As far as im aware, no MGC sterlings were used in ESB. ESB used real live-fire sterlings and resin casts.
  • MGC sterlings were used in ROTJ (1982 filming) - particularly important as real Sterlings are pretty rare in the US (do they have to be cut up to import?). MGCs would be easy to access.
I'll only add to this the fact that ESB Stunt E-11 (aka Pugmans) were also used in ROTJ on Death Star and Endor scenes

ROTJ Pugman ESB E-11 blaster 04.jpg

Thing is by saying what you are saying you are accusing the seller of being dishonest & me of being a poor judge of character, of course you may be right, you also may be wrong. Neither of us were there & who is to say Gary Kurtz did not get this gun & mess with it, perhaps he had a friend get it for him? We can only guess at the situation & make a calculated judgement. I can see there is insight here as to what is what, you have to remember I'm new on here & do not know any of you, so far I have received several offers from people here to buy the gun, which I am not interested in doing. So in that way you are wrong, If you had a potential original prop & you were told by a complete stranger that it was not what you were led to believe & then offered money for it, would you sell it without checking out the hx first?
Trust earned not given!

Its been established, quite conclusively, what you have. It was made by Marco. Nothing about what you have matches any known production made or screen used E-11 blasters. It does however match replicas made by Marco Ent. Whats more likely? That you have a Marco Ent replica or some weird anomaly that was actually screen used and/or production made that Gary Kurtz decided to alter in order to more closely match a replica made by some guy in a muffler shop?

I have no doubt some people here would offer to buy this from you. Its already been stated that the fact its an MGC and that those are quite rare is where your replica's true value lies. It would seem, though, at this point you are more comfortable trying to grasp at straws to justify an unlikely scenario rather than deal in facts and logical conclusions based on those facts.

I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.

Last edited:
Trust earned not given!

Granted, none of us knows each other too well,
But you have to understand, we're not here to judge people's "character" or "morality"
We're strictly in the business of analyzing a prop - plain and simple.

And after looking at your prop in-depth by many experienced members,
I think it's conclusive your blaster is NOT a screen-used or production made piece.
Yet, it seems like you still have a glimmer of hope that it is.

Not sure if you have taken psychology 101 in school, but this is exactly the case of 'Confirmation Bias.'

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back