E11 Blaster - Fieldmarshall/WarMachine with vintage parts

Filandrius

Sr Member
Having just received the last part necessary for this blaster (the power cylinders) I thought I'd share my completed ANH E11.

It's a full metal Fieldmarshall/WarMachine replica, and it's the next best thing to a deactivated Sterling. Also, I went the extra mile and added some vintage parts (like the end cap, the magazine, the grip, and the M38 scope) to make it as vintage as I possibly could.

The paint job was made by Fieldmarshall himself, and he knocked the textured look out of the park. After receiving it I only added a few things (the power cylinders and the real M38 scope) before I called it truly complete. Here's some pics!

Attachments

• IMG_2154.JPG
    IMG_2154.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 457
  • IMG_2155.JPG
    IMG_2155.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 436
  • IMG_2156.JPG
    IMG_2156.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 487
  • IMG_2157.JPG
    IMG_2157.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 375
  • IMG_2158.JPG
    IMG_2158.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 446
  • IMG_2159.JPG
    IMG_2159.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 512
  • IMG_2160.JPG
    IMG_2160.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 386
  • IMG_2161.JPG
    IMG_2161.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 487
Love the textured receiver!
I'm working on one now... a Bapty version and I had the whole thing disassembled on my workbench for 5 hours today ...

Great call adding vintage parts, gives it a more special feel

I'm on the fence about an upgrade I've made and I'd like the opinion of the community. I've switched the replica stock with a vintage steel one. The "problem" is that the finish of the vintage stock is blued steel, and doesn't quite match with the flat black textured finish present on the rest of the blaster (except for the magazine, which is blued steel too)

My question is this: should I paint the vintage stock flat black, or leave it as is? Please let me know what you think, and thanks in advance!

I agree; try it out as is first. I love the look of blued steel, but it may not fit with the E-11 look. Maybe post a picture of the stock side by side with the blaster?

Love the 1942 M38!

Since the stock isn’t too rare, I would go with the same black as the rest of the blaster.
But like the others I would also try it with the original blued look first.

Inspired by the last few posts, I went ahead and stripped the vintage blued steel cap which I had painted earlier. The mismatched painted/blued look is really starting to grow on me. Let me know what you think!

Attachments

• IMG_2188.JPG
    IMG_2188.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 195
From an artistic perspective this completely works. If everything was the same black it would all blend together. Now you have many different shades and textures of black which creates visual interest.
Truly an outstanding piece. Well done.

Generally i like a good made mixed look.

But in this case ..... it looks wrong to my eye. It should be exact the opposite.
Usually (when i still was in the military) our "core" guns were more stressed looking than the addons, so a used tube/receiver and painted/newer looking scope/folding stock/endcap...... Receivers were kept and refurbished with new parts when needed.
Magazine blued and stressed is always ok, also the "newer" painted parts can have additional usemarks.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back