~~ E T ~~

camper

Hey Gang,

HereÂ’s one I just finished for a private commission. My client wasnÂ’t
sure on how to display the bust, so I suggested the milk crate on the bike
with the blanket to hide the fact it was just a bust.

IÂ’m really happy with how he turned out, and you can see how much
my 2 year old daughter Jaclyn loves him. LOL..

This bust was sculpted by the master of 1/1 LikenessesÂ…
Howard Senft of Howard S.Studios

For more info on how to get one of these outstanding busts contact
Howard at - info@howardsstudios.com

Thanks.

°Jeff Camp

camper

ET_CAMP_A.jpg

ET_CAMP_B.jpg

ET_CAMP_C.jpg

ET_CAMP_D.jpg

ET_CAMP_E.jpg

ET_CAMP_F.jpg

ET_CAMP_J1.jpg

ET_CAMP_J2.jpg

ET_CAMP_J3.jpg

How did you go about doing the eyes? I don't suppose they make glass eyes large enough for this...

Funny -- I was thinking about sculpted/painted eyes just this morning on my way to work (I hand painted the eyes on my Yoda).

If my memory serves, the iris is flat, and the cornea (of course) is curved. But on a sculpted surface, you can only acheive the cureved aspect of the cornea, which brings the iris out and essentially fuses it with the cornea, which is contrary to nature. Makes it tough to replicate.

By the way, I LOVE the pics with your daughter -- she's a cutie. Myown daughter is three. The last two close-ups really show off the superb work on the skin tones...

That is just sooooo beautiful.

I want to buy all Howards busts and send them to you to paint. LOL.

You are so talented.

May I ask what you used inside the milk crate to prop him up? How did you keep him from leaning forward? Isnt he top heavy?

Again, way to go on this paintjob. The eyes are so realistic.

U ARE DA MAN~

George

PS...You're daughter is so cute. I have (3) little ones -girl and two boys - 4, 2, 1. Quite a handful. They like my monsters though. :)

Originally posted by PHArchivist@Jan 27 2006, 08:31 PM
How did you go about doing the eyes?  I don't suppose they make glass eyes large enough for this... 

Funny -- I was thinking about sculpted/painted eyes just this morning on my way to work (I hand painted the eyes on my Yoda). 

If my memory serves, the iris is flat, and the cornea (of course) is curved.  But on a sculpted surface, you can only acheive the cureved aspect of the cornea, which brings the iris out and essentially fuses it with the cornea, which is contrary to nature.  Makes it tough to replicate.

By the way, I LOVE the pics with your daughter -- she's a cutie.  Myown daughter  is three.  The last two close-ups really show off the superb work on the skin tones...
[snapback]1170089[/snapback]​

Hey Thanks PH.

For the eyes:
Before I primed him I sanded the eyes as smooth as I could get them. Because any bumps
or imperfections would show up later when they are glossed.

Painting:
First I base coated the whole eye ball with an off white.
When that was dry I took a compass and lightly arced a circle for each iris and pupil. Then I just
painted in layers of blue for the iris, and black for the pupils. Then when I got them the way I
wanted, I glossed them.

°Jeff Camp

camper

Originally posted by GeorgeL@Jan 27 2006, 10:11 PM
That is just sooooo beautiful.

I want to buy all Howards busts and send them to you to paint. LOL.

You are so talented.

May I ask what you used inside the milk crate to prop him up? How did you keep him from leaning forward? Isnt he top heavy?

Again, way to go on this paintjob. The eyes are so realistic.

U ARE DA MAN~

George

PS...You're daughter is so cute. I have (3) little ones -girl and two boys -  4, 2, 1. Quite a handful. They like my monsters though. :)
[snapback]1170170[/snapback]​

Hey GeorgeL,

I made a little stand for him, by taking a 5" round plaque drilling a whole in the middle
and screwing it to the end of a 1.5' long 2"x2". Then I drilled four holes in the round
plaque and used wire to fasten it to the bottom of the crate. Once it was fastened I slide
the bust down the 2" x 2" into postion. As easy as that. LOL... :)

Thanks for the kind words.

°Jeff Camp

camper

Very cool. I've been wanting to do that to mine for over a year. I even located a nearly accurate milk crate but I haven't had time to finish him with all the other projects I've been working on ;)

What paints did you use? Care to share some more of your technique?
thanks.
Cal

What a great display. Such cute photos with your daughter as well. :)

Its nice to see an E.T. thread, I can't remember seeing one for quite a while. Always was one of my favorite movies growing up.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back