P1050429.jpg

P1050427.jpg

The complete component list is:

1. Speak and Spell
2. GE Childs Walkie Talkie
3. Sears Child's Record Player
4. Wooden Coat Hanger
5. Craftsman 10" 28 tooth circular saw blade
6. Multi Colored golf umbrella lined with mylar.
7. 1980's Martinson Coffee Can
8. Pink Aluminium funnel
9. Television UHF tuner

10. Large sized knife and fork

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the pieces I've collected over the years, at least the main ones:

P1050427.jpg

1. Speak and Spell
2. GE Child's walkie-talkie
3. Sears Child's Record Player
4. Wooden Coat Hanger
5. Craftsman 10" 28 tooth circular saw blade
6. Multicolored golf umbrella lined with mylar.
7. 1980's Martinson Coffee Can
8. Pink Aluminum funnel
9. Television UHF tuner
10. Large sized knife and fork

That stupid frakkin' pink funnel!! We combed antique malls all over the Midwest and found every collateral 1950s-era colored aluminum piece of dish/drinkware. Finally... we found the pink funnel!! Probably now, there will be a box of them at some junk shop, for a buck.:angry Seriously, I was finding TOS Trek chairs and I Dream of Jeannie bottles at a 50-1 ratio to these stupid pink funnels. I even found a "Money Lover's Bank" for $8 :love

It's the same for the Martinson cans. I'm sure if we went to the east coast we'd find some in our first day of junkstore shopping. Not here, though, unless we lucked into a transplanted easterner.

Why not just don the USCM helmet, pick up the Pulse Rifle that's bound to be just out of frame and call the second Dropship down from the Sulaco?

Oh wait... Bishop's the only one qualified to remote-pilot the ship anyway, ain't he? :lol:

Seriously though, best of luck with the build.
It's quite an unusual and interesting choice of prop. Not one I'd have thought to tackle...

HA! The Pulse rifle is actually still downstairs.

This is a piece I've been wanting to build since I was like 12. I'll have some more, exciting news about this in a few days I hope. I can't wait to share.

Gregg

Hi all, sorry to be late to the party!

The three that are eluding me are *any* type of metal funnel, the Martinson Coffee can, and now, 7 years after this conversation began, UHF/VHF TVs to part out are quite harder to come by. (As I can only justify finding one locally, as shipping something like that would put me WAY out of budget.)
But thank you for the brand of walkie. The style wasn't too hard to determine, but the brand or model was not predominantly featured or visible.
If there's a way to get a scan of the label, I wouldn't mind making my own can for use in the project.
I just got delivery of the record player the other day, and am looking forward to getting this underway.

Regards,
--ElectroDFW--
aka Mcflydallas
aka David M.

Here are the pieces I've collected over the years, at least the main ones:

ET_DroidBoy_pic.jpg

2. GE Childs Walkie Talkie

For the life of me, I can't find a GE model that matches the specs as I see them in the movie.
Here is my break-down; please tell me if you spot any issues with my notes.

ET_Walkie_info.png

ET_DroidBoy_pic.jpg

Fascinating device.

Did the first gen speak n spell's have mechanical buttons? (like in E.T.)

The one I had, was membrane keys.

Fascinating device.

Did the first gen speak n spell's have mechanical buttons? (like in E.T.)

The one I had, was membrane keys.

Yep. Sure did.

- - - Updated - - -

For the life of me, I can't find a GE model that matches the specs as I see them in the movie.
Here is my break-down; please tell me if you spot any issues with my notes.

You'll just have to search. I got lucky when I built mine I guess, but you're totally on the right track.

It's kinda conveluted to explain, but hopefully this makes sense.

A string gets tied at one end to a tree, and the other end to Fork/Knife assembly, turning the saw blade a notch everytime the wind blows the branch pulling the string.
[...]
Clear as mud?

Gregg

Except for how the knife is bent to hold the fork and allow it to pivot as a ratchet. To me, unless it's double right-angle bent at the tip, I don't see how.
I mean, I literally can't see how, as much of the mechanism show in the movie are either long shots, or nighttime shots, or in so much motion that any stills are a blur (at least on my DVD).
Do you still have the pics of one of the 16 originals from your post years ago?

Regards,
ElectroDFW
aka McflyDallas

the other day i came across an Speak & Spell Texas Instruments . . so i thought why not...

so today i put some stuff together,, and i did a little test .. i didnt have the blade so i make it from an acrylic sheet and painted it...

i was thinking to change the tin can for a nesquik and some other things for something like i can find at home ... just like he did it instead of making an exact replica... I KNOW we are at the replica prop forum....!

ill post the progress soon ... cheers !" ((( i hope so its gonna work and they come to pick me up i really want to back home...))))

check the link

test et

Except for how the knife is bent to hold the fork and allow it to pivot as a ratchet. To me, unless it's double right-angle bent at the tip, I don't see how.
I mean, I literally can't see how, as much of the mechanism show in the movie are either long shots, or nighttime shots, or in so much motion that any stills are a blur (at least on my DVD).
Do you still have the pics of one of the 16 originals from your post years ago?

Regards,
ElectroDFW
aka McflyDallas
Ill post some pictures of the bending knife.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back