DYLAN DOG: Dead of Night Official Trailer

After putting up the poster in my theatre I thought it was a joke...but the trailer actually had me wanting to watch it ::maybe::
dylan-dog-dead-of-the-night-movie-poster-02-550x814.jpg

Looks like it could be interesting, though I'll probably just wait and get it through Blockbuster online as a rental.

Apparently it's a top selling comic book but I never heard of it.

Of course it is. What, you think THIS would get green-lit if it WASN'T a comic book? It'll be in and out of theaters in 3 weeks, max, and then I'll catch it on DVD where it will develop a cult following, and Brandon Routh will continue to go largely unused by Hollywood.

This flick looks hilarious! I think 2011 is gonna be pretty great for Horror comedy with DD, Fright Night (remake) and Attack on the Block coming out. Also, DD really shows Routh's range as a comedic actor - see Scott Pilgrim for an awesome example.

I was wondering why his partner was not Groucho but then i found this :(
Kevin Munroe has directed an official American film adaptation of Dylan Dog starring actor Brandon Routh as the title character. Differences between the comic result in the film being set in New Orleans instead of London, the character of Groucho being replaced by an un-dead sidekick called Marcus due to issues for the production to acquire the rights to use the Groucho Marx name and style, another difference is Dylan Dog's Volkswagen Beetle being black with a white hood instead of the opposite like in the comic. The film also appears to be much lighter in tone and more action-oriented, lacking the surreal feeling, the black humor and the melancholy of the comic book, and the Dylan character is portrayed like more of a scientist-adenturer in the vein of Indiana Jones, rather than the romantic loner he is in the comics. It was originally going to premiere on Halloween 2010 in Italy but has since been pushed back to a April 29th 2011 release. The film has been produced by the independent company Platinum studios.

That's alot of differences from the comics and the difference from him being a loner to an adventurer could spell doom if they don't win fans of the comic over.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back