DVDs With The Best Extras?

Paracord Junky

As we all know, there are about a bajillion different "editions" of every big movie, and unless that movie is STAR WARS, the biggest difference is usually in the Special Features. i'm a sucker for a good making-of; whenever i buy a movie i look for the version with the most/best extras. that said, i'm interested to get your opinions on which (versions of) movies have the best bonus material(like Empire of Dreams, Halloween: a Cut Above the Rest, and the Lord of the Rings DVDs) and the best stand-alone documentaries about a given movie or franchise -things like Halloween: 25 Years of Terror, His Name Was Jason, etc.

(this is just about on-disc special features, not the toys, statues, bookends, and whatnot that are sometimes included with super-duper special box-sets.)

A couple off the top of my head-

Blade Runner the Final Cut: "Dangerous Days" is a 3 1/2 hour documentary on the making of the film.

Alien Quadrilogy- each film has an extensive extras disc and a bonus 9th disc which includes pics from the Laserdisc editions.

Kevin

I like a lot of the the DVDs of Warner Bros. Classics like the Adventures of Robin Hood which has a behind scenes, a short film of the trick shot archer that doubled in the film, outtakes and a cartoon and other shorts from the same year.
Some of the Bogart DVDS have nice bonuses also.
I'm now disappointed when there are no special features on a DVD. Some will list chapter selection as a special feature. I'm still waiting for The Shadow to be released with any kind of special feature.

Wolf

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back