Dutch Ironman Foam Question

Nickst3r

Hi Everybody,

I'm new at this forum and this is actually my first post, I've got a quick question for my fellow dutch costume builders.

A friend and me are excited to start with our Iron Man Marks 6 & 8 (or MACH XLVII (47)) costumes, but we're having trouble finding FOAM in The Netherlands. I've looked everywhere online and even been to a couple of Furniture Makers, but we haven't got lucky yet.

I can go with Camping/Fitness mats, but they are 6,5mm thick, so that's going to get a little bit harder (Especially with the helmets).

So where do my fellow Dutchmans find it?

Thanks in Advance! And nice to be a part of this Creative community!

Welcome fellow dutchman:) I'm also a new member here and was hunting for a good foam supplier last summer, however i found none! The only eva foam i found was of a very low density and thus not suitable for armor.

Your best bet is probably to import foam from the uk or order tilled foam mats from ebay (these tend to be very expensive in the netherlands).

Maybe have a look at the Xrobots.co.uk resouces page. Thames valley supplies was probably the best option when i checked.

It's just one of the many products thats hard to get here, Good luck.

Hi future dutch Ironman. Do you know Decathlon? There you can find yoga mats in red, blue and black for less of 1.5 euro/ m :love

Hello Dutchman!

I was also looking for foam. Couldn't find anything. I would make the helmet via Pep files.
I'm thinking about yoga mats.

Hey guys, mostly Dutch guy in the US (father is from Limburg).

Check out these threads - one (GrimpyDinky) is from a fellow Nederlander - and he talks about a type of foam that he found in Holland. The thread kind of died at the end of '11, so not sure how it ultimately turned out, especially with hardening/coating/painting. His work is awesome though.

http://www.therpf.com/f24/ironman-easy-cut-foam-building-131622/

and

http://www.therpf.com/f24/first-time-build-im-mk-vi-selitac-161499/

Good luck!

Hey! Thanks for the support everybody! Nice to know that I have some helping hands here!

Yeah, I was wondering myself if the Decathlon mats are of high-enough density, and those are the mats I mentioned earlier, hope that it's still possible with the 6,5mm thickness that they have... probably will check them out tomorrow or the day after;). And if they're good, I'll stock up!

I will keep you posted!
Thanks again everybody! Hope to start my build soon

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back