Interest Dune Still Suit (Cloth parts that go under the armor)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Zlurpo

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been working on a design for the Dune (2021) still suit. At least at first I'm just looking at doing the cloth portion that goes under the rubber looking armor. It will be made of cloth and neoprene sheets and tubes. Here's a drawing of what I have so far:

Whole Suit 2.jpg

This is a shirt and... overalls, I guess is the best name for the article of clothing. Pants that come up to the chest with straps over the shoulders.
I don't know the price yet, but I'm guessing around $1,000.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

tmartinek

I did notice that the belts that they used definitely featured Cobra buckles. I'm not sure exactly what brand they used for the belt but I know I've seen it before... or very similar.

The pants look a lot like a pair of Crye Precision combat pants. The way they have that hole for the knee pad makes me think they at least got some inspiration there. I've never personally seen or used a pair so I can't speak to their effectiveness. But it may help you figure out the construction.

Plans look amazing, I look forward to seeing more!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.