dune crysknife scratch build

typeomega

i decided i wanted to build something on the cheap (because im broke right now) so i started googling guns and knifes looking for stuff that i could build on a budget and i settled on a Dune crysknife because i knew i had some air dry clay laying around in a storage tub somewhere.

here is the sculpt so far

crysknife2.jpgcrysknife1.jpg

still very ruff but all put together. i decided on this build to use the concept art rather than any of the existing sculpts as reference because i wanted a longer blade.
krys.jpgcrysknife5.jpgcrysknife6.jpg

still lots of sanding and detail work to do

after snapping the blade off i doweled it back on with epoxy then beefed up the handle a little so that it would line up with the ruff sculpt of the sheath. the sheath still needs a lot of work shaping and sanding to get it to seamlessly flow into the handle but its a start.

20160523_010150.jpg20160523_010211.jpg

now i have to scrape the money together for some smooth-on so i can cast some and paint them. the clay i used seems to be to weak to stand up to being final display piece material.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back