Dune/Atreides armour (my halloween costume/wip)

RunLoganRun

I don't usually post my work, but this seemed relevant enough. It started as a half-assed halloween costume, but I think it's worth finishing. 98% eva foam, 1.9% dog harness, and 0.1% ice-pop sticks.

IMG_20211105_233656.jpg

This is all I'd actually built for halloween, wore it with a cape to hide the missing back.
IMG_20211105_234115.jpg

The back is nearly through to building phase.

Recently had some free time, so decided to make the gloves/bracers/gauntlet (not sure what term fits best). Next I want to go back and refine the main body of armour to be more accurate, and easier to wear.

Took a little more time with these, this is version 4 or 5. Built on top of mechanix work gloves, it's made of foam with elastic straps. Also many thanks to Neophyl's for the shield generator design.

The colours are still a work in progress, I think the silver/metallic is fine, but haven't settled on the darker parts. I'm thinking a nearly flat, really dark gray, something that looks as close as possible to the rubber on the gloves.

IMG_20211223_195627.jpg

Great looking suit. Well worth the effort to finish it IMHO.
What is your source material and method? Screenshots and building-by-eye, or do you have pep or similar files?

Great looking suit. Well worth the effort to finish it IMHO.
What is your source material and method? Screenshots and building-by-eye, or do you have pep or similar files?
Thanks, slowly getting there. It's from screenshots mainly, tedious work. I'm keeping a neat pile of any pattens I'm happy with, so I can share them when it's done.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back