Dune/Atreides armour (my halloween costume/wip)

RunLoganRun

I don't usually post my work, but this seemed relevant enough. It started as a half-assed halloween costume, but I think it's worth finishing. 98% eva foam, 1.9% dog harness, and 0.1% ice-pop sticks.

IMG_20211105_233656.jpg

This is all I'd actually built for halloween, wore it with a cape to hide the missing back.
IMG_20211105_234115.jpg

The back is nearly through to building phase.

RunLoganRun

Recently had some free time, so decided to make the gloves/bracers/gauntlet (not sure what term fits best). Next I want to go back and refine the main body of armour to be more accurate, and easier to wear.

Took a little more time with these, this is version 4 or 5. Built on top of mechanix work gloves, it's made of foam with elastic straps. Also many thanks to Neophyl's for the shield generator design.

The colours are still a work in progress, I think the silver/metallic is fine, but haven't settled on the darker parts. I'm thinking a nearly flat, really dark gray, something that looks as close as possible to the rubber on the gloves.

IMG_20211223_195627.jpg

TenChiGin

Great looking suit. Well worth the effort to finish it IMHO.
What is your source material and method? Screenshots and building-by-eye, or do you have pep or similar files?

RunLoganRun

Great looking suit. Well worth the effort to finish it IMHO.
What is your source material and method? Screenshots and building-by-eye, or do you have pep or similar files?
Thanks, slowly getting there. It's from screenshots mainly, tedious work. I'm keeping a neat pile of any pattens I'm happy with, so I can share them when it's done.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.