DUNE 2021 Stillsuit Components

I think the main fabric is actually a fabric, not vinyl. On the closest-up shots there's a definite texture to the cloth below the bumps that looks like a weave to me.
Non slip fabric but with a fine/close dot? I'm sure I've seen or felt this fabric before - frustrating.

Non slip fabric but with a fine/close dot? I'm sure I've seen or felt this fabric before - frustrating.
That's my guess. From what I can see in the pictures, the dot density is about 14 dots per inch, or 196 dots/in sq.

IMG_20211026_002245.jpg
IMG_20211026_002133.jpg

I'm working with a seamstress to make some masks in the coming months and they know someone who worked at the studio that made the backpacks. The textured fabric was a ballistic nylon, gray in color.
Awesome thank you! I'm surprised Legendary or WB haven't already released a functioning copy of the backpack or they already have and I've just not noticed ;)

It's possible, and I haven't seen the movie yet to check if there are scenes that show the soles, but I believe those are the movie shoes.

In this pic, you can see her in a movie still/promo pic, in the same location as the above photo.
View attachment 1506071
Zoom in on her shoes, and you can see the cords/tassels on her shoes, and if you zoom really close you can see they're stitched on.

View attachment 1506072

Set pic zoomed in, the cords are a little visible.

View attachment 1506073

Her toe vs the displayed costume from the front:

View attachment 1506074
It is the correct shoe/sole. I found another photo that shoes similar pattern.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211027_192548.jpg
    Screenshot_20211027_192548.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 274
It is the correct shoe/sole. I found another photo that shoes similar pattern.
From a couple photos, it looks like some people have a white shoe and some have black. Stilgar's shoes definitely look black in pictures.

I think they are dark. It's just the dust thats making them look lighter.
I hadn't thought of that. Zendaya/Chani's shoes are so white in that shot that I assumed the rubber is white, but it might be that the finest dust particles stick to the rubber really well.

I hadn't thought of that. Zendaya/Chani's shoes are so white in that shot that I assumed the rubber is white, but it might be that the finest dust particles stick to the rubber really well.
I've experienced dust like that and yes it's fine and coats not just your shoes but up to mid shin as well. Even if you're barefoot it sticks to your skin and such a relief to wash off. Yes weathering the stillsuit is going to take a few practice samples to get the dust "lightening" effect over the black and grey tones. Though I've sewn costume for historical reenactment I'm totally new to cosplay costuming, weathering and distressing. Fingers crossed.

Awesome thank you! I'm surprised Legendary or WB haven't already released a functioning copy of the backpack or they already have and I've just not noticed ;)
Found a good image of Black Ballistic Nylon. It's the 1680D I've found that texture on the reverse side

Screenshot_20211029_134620.jpg

I've chatted with a few people who have production sources on the fabric and they actually bleached and custom dyed the fabric, so don't go to crazy looking for a perfect match.
Do they have any sources of where it cam from in the first place? The textured dots on it make it look like a anti-slip fabric or something but it's such a tight pattern.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back