RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Love this.So... remember when I wrote "never say never"?
The same friend who pestered me into finishing this project recently put a bug in my ear about doing kits... and suggested utilizing a modern technological solution to help facilitate that and make things easier - i.e. 3D scanning my patterns, using 3D modeling to generate a consistent wall thickness for the sheath, bumping the size up slightly (to correct for generational shrinkage of the production-lineage piece that I started with), and then 3D printing master patterns that would then be molded to produce the kits.
I dug out my original patterns the other day - I figured that while we're at it, we might as well re-do the original knife as well (if only to correct for the shrinkage issue).
View attachment 1311358
Don't have a time frame for all of this at the moment, but I will update if/when things start to become clearer...