Dumbledore Necklace

groone

I do chainmaille as a hobby and I've been wanting to make Dumbledores necklace for a long time but the problem I have are the side clasps

39845-albus_dumbledore.jpg

The necklace itself is a Byzantine and I can pop out about 5' an hour using 16 gauge galvanized steel which I think that is made out of just painted and tarnished. It's definitely not brass. Would someone maybe like to help me track down the side ornamentation. I'm thinking the stone is catseye.

Any help would be appreciated.

they do look clasped on the sides to keep his cloak from falling off his shoulders. As for what they are, I couldn't help with that. Sorry.

It appears to be a clasp and not a necklace. He didn't wear it all the time, the purpose looks to prevent his gown/cape thing from falling off his shoulders.
dumbledore2.jpg

I need a cleaner shot of this.

I thought the clasp was a crescent but it is not. It is a curved triangle.

dumbledore3.jpg

gmprops Which one were you watching? I'll have to bust it out today.

From the photo's it looks there there is some sort of lattice work inside the triangle. Not too complex. I should be able to model it without a problem.

Deceptive chain. The rings aren't round. They are oblong which makes the degree of difficulty a bit higher.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back