Dumb Question

TuaCathach

Ok been a fan for years but never played any of the games.... so which is the best to get and on what format xbox, pc etc..... advice guys..

Alien vs Predator 2 for the pc!!! The graphics are quite dated nowadays but its an awsome game esp the marine campaign still scares the crap out of me.

concrete jungle xbox,ps2 or 360 if you have the update where u can use old xbox games

Yeah, what he said. And BTW, stay away from ALIEN VERSUS PREDATOR: EXTINCTION. You can try it if you want, but all I know is that when I got it, I returned it the same day. Sucks IMO.

Yep hate to be reiterating but AVP2 for PC, hands down.

When a game comes out in '99 (I think) and people are still giving it the thumbs up, that's saying something. Even though the graphics aren't exactly first-class anymore (they still look quite good in a retro kinda way), the atmosphere, the gameplay and especially the way they have captured the essence of the three races and their battle together is amazing, it's quite rare to come across an FPS that immerses you as well as this one does.

Also the story is brilliant, I've played through all the campaigns many, many times over the years and get a little more out of it each time.

Another bonus is because it's ben out so long basically any computer around the place should be able to run it well =)

Haven't played Concrete Jungle but the gameplay vids of it that I have seen say good things.

And yeah, avoid Extinction like the plauge, just like UglyMoFo, I played it once and immediately returned it. (Luckily I'd only hired it)

Hope that helps!

-Sekular

Yup, AVP2 is the bomb. Marine campaign was pant wetting!!!! I still have a Jaguar with AVP somewhere, it was the reason we got the Jaguar. I loved that game so much. Especially the sampled pred sounds, you knew you were in trouble when you heard those sounds.

Ive just gotten hold of Concrete Jungle, its pretty good, but the controls are a bit cack at times. Its worth a play though, seems thought out from a story point of view and I like the idea of stolen tech.

But my fave is the AVP arcade by Capcom. You can get it for the MAME emulator. Just think of Streets of Rage but your a predator battering aliens :) (Or a human character, but who chose them?????) I have the rom, so may be able to help anyone out if they are interested......................

But my fave is the AVP arcade by Capcom. You can get it for the MAME emulator. Just think of Streets of Rage but your a predator battering aliens :) (Or a human character, but who chose them?????) I have the rom, so may be able to help anyone out if they are interested......................

Can't believe I forgot to mention this, the AVP Arcade was got me interested in the AVP franchise in the first place. Brilliant, brilliant game for it's time and despite how old it is now is still insanely fun to play, especially with two people!

-Sekular

Can't believe I forgot to mention this, the AVP Arcade was got me interested in the AVP franchise in the first place. Brilliant, brilliant game for it's time and despite how old it is now is still insanely fun to play, especially with two people!

-Sekular

Yup, still really playable now :)

I have concrete jungle and that is pretty damn fun for a ps2 game. Its a pretty good story line and the CGI intro is awesome. And at the end you can fight bugs!

i played AVP 1 to death, had AVP2 for my mac but for some reason can't find it now, both very good, concrete jungle rocks and the time trial mode is tough. as for extinction, i enjoy it still, hate the marine campaign, the pred one is alright but i like the aliens, there aren;t many games i hate tho, it's not as good as it could have been but it's ok

i played AVP 1 to death, had AVP2 for my mac but for some reason can't find it now, both very good, concrete jungle rocks and the time trial mode is tough. as for extinction, i enjoy it still, hate the marine campaign, the pred one is alright but i like the aliens, there aren;t many games i hate tho, it's not as good as it could have been but it's ok
I have only played AVP1 once and got my ass handed to me by the alien ;)
Haven't played any of the others except for AVP:E,.....which i actually enjoy. :p
Agree with Esdain the marines suck and the Predators are fun, but the aliens kick arse and are fun to setup.
One day i might see if a copy of AVP1 or 2 is still avalible, doubt it though. ;)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back