Dueling lightsaber from ROTS in propstore auction!

it's said the other Obi stunt that is all smooth was
http://www.proparchives.com/science...du-fighting-saber-blade-from-star-wars-ep-iii

" It is made up of about six individual components which all lock together via a steel rod that is bonded into the carbon fiber blade. This rod slides down inside and screws into the end of the saber and then is locked off by two tiny allen screws holding it all firmly in place."

Actually, I had always heard that in other drafts, Anakin was there for the whole duel, standing aside, and Palpatine used the force to grab it off his belt

This and another factor caused this hilt to be in this sequence. Anakin standing around didn't make sense so it was changed to Palpatine fighting Mace alone before/luring Anakin to the office, and George on the day of shooting deciding that Ian McDiarmid should actually do the swordplay. McDiarmid up until that moment had not been trained in any swordfighting. It was supposed to be his double doing the action entirely and he and stunt coordinator had to give him a quick run-down of the entire sequence.

The sequence ultimately was mostly his double in wides, but McDiarmid for the close-ups, and McDiarmid's parts had to be sped up to make it look like it wasn't him learning him what to do on the spot. The inserts of his own lightsaber was made after the fact.

So, they are lightweight!
Also, I was right about the emitter having screws.. but the texture is so strange. Do we know each part now?

Emitter plate,
Emitter body & Neck?
Upper grip, clamp booster
Pommel?
Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 10.26.41 AM.png

Very, very interesting but they are ugly. No sense of design like the
the hold belt hangers. But alas they're used for fighting/sword play.
It would be fun to build one thought...hmmmm. Thanks for
the great video!

I know this thread is a bit old but feels like the right place for this question…

How can I get accurate blades for replicas of these sabers?

I bought ‘Replicas’ of these dueling hilts from spsabers but they came with 10mm x 1000mm (~ 39”) carbon fiber rods (solid) with red heat shrink. These rods go all the way through the hilt leaving the “blade” part only around 28 inches or so long. The film ones were silver carbon fiber tubes approximately 1000mm maybe a bit shorter but they were entirely out of the hilt connected by a metal rod threaded into the hilt, then they were painted and coverd in clear heat shrink. So I have two problems in terms of blade accuracy (ignoring hilt inaccuracies for now)
Length and Look: I reached out to kilwell who I read online made the blades for production and they referred me to Tim at the custom saber shop who I already knew about having been in the custom saber community for years. I never cared to ask before if his blades were accurate to the ROTS prop blades and when I messaged the tcss email and asked he said/whoever responded said the carbon fiber blade he sells on tcss.com was accurate to the production blades. What’s weird is the dimensions don’t match the Saberz nova carbon dueling blades that he specifically sells marketed as perfect replicas of the ROTS blades. So are the real blades 10mm? Where can I get 10mm carbon fiber tubes the cheapest? I see some on Amazon for ~$40 but they are black and say “rc hobby” are they the same thing and strong? Should I get the tcss ones? Or pay for the saberz $150 ones?

The TCSS blades are not accurate to any production blade I’ve ever seen. And I’ve personally handled many. They all match the one that we show in our images against our replica. I doubt anyone else will show you that.

Yeah I love yours, wish I could have gotten in on the run of resin stunts you did. I was just hoping for a cheap alternative that would look better on the wall in my spsabers stunt hilts then the blades they came with. Hopefully you keep yours in stock and I can snag two or three eventually.

Yeah I love yours, wish I could have gotten in on the run of resin stunts you did. I was just hoping for a cheap alternative that would look better on the wall in my spsabers stunt hilts then the blades they came with. Hopefully you keep yours in stock and I can snag two or three eventually.
the sabersz blades wont fit my hilts, even iwth modiciation it wouldnt be possible

The TCSS blades are not accurate to any production blade I’ve ever seen. And I’ve personally handled many. They all match the one that we show in our images against our replica. I doubt anyone else will show you that.
recently spoke to the owner of the marine shop that produced blades for the prequels in Sydney here in aus, very costly to make a few one offs but they will

recently spoke to the owner of the marine shop that produced blades for the prequels in Sydney here in aus, very costly to make a few one offs but they will
Marine... do you happen to know the use of texalium rod on boats? I find this hilarious because the OT blades were marine antennas and I thought they just went to stock material for II and III

Marine... do you happen to know the use of texalium rod on boats? I find this hilarious because the OT blades were marine antennas and I thought they just went to stock material for II and III
It’s possible texalium is use for solid sailing rigging. I know carbon fiber generally is. Not sure about texalium though but it makes sense a marine place would be used since they’d be familiar with laying all sorts of fiber!

the sabersz blades wont fit my hilts, even iwth modiciation it wouldnt be possible
That's false. Our blades terminate in an M10 threaded rod, just like the original blades did. The SP Sabers hilts accommodate a 10mm rod just fine. Here's a picture of the SP Sabers Spinflex, with our Nova Carbon blade installed. No mods necessary, it fits just fine.

Attachments

• IMG_2812.jpg
    IMG_2812.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 117

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back