Duct tape dummy

Dieabolic

Just got done making mine yesterday and tried something I had not seen posted. I wore a dive skin then had a buddy of mine wrap cling wrap from my ankles up tp my neck, then around my arms. The tape was then applied on top of the cling wrap. A cut was made down the spine and one on each leg and it just slid right off with no tape sticking or bunching up anywhere. Just thought I would pass this along, may help some people out. :)

Great advice! Me and my buddy did one once, one thing people should know to is to get surgical scissors. We cut her duct tape dummy with regular scissors, and ended up cutting alot of skin on accident. LOL trial an error.
Its nice to hear how people did it successfully :)

dieabolic thnx so much, until reading tht i had no idea wht a duck tape dummy was so i went out and made a dummy head

DSCF0018.JPG

DSCF0017.JPG

Heres another tip - Dont use Duct Tape.

Use Bi Directional Strapping Tape.

This tape is normally used to reinforce shipping boxes. Build the Dummy as you normally would just making sure you overlap each piece over the one before.

If you use the strapping tape you will find the dummy is EXTREMELY lightweight yet durable. Regular duct tape dummies can be quite heavy and hard to move around. The weight savings far outweighs the additional cost of the tape when compared to regular duct tape in my opinion.

Just my 2 credits. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you guys usually stuff these things with? I had one stuffed with newspaper and it weighed a ton! My current one I want to stuff with something light but rigid enough that I can pack it to hold it's form!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back