Suggestion Dual Memberships

James Kenobi 1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Something I was thinking about recently as I started the very early stages of putting a Boba Fett costume together and was looking around on TDH.

Why don't we have dual membership for The RPF, THD, and HL ?

Now, I don't mean from day-one membership, but follow me on this.

I've been a member here for almost 10 years. Never had an infraction point, never a temporary ban, been a contributing member in many threads, made a discovery (spacetrooper backpack), built props, shown my work, and mentored other members in the areas I know a little about. I've also always paid for items I've bought in the JY.

I join TDH looking for info for a Boba Fett costume, seek advice from more seasoned TDH members and get inspiration. Also, TDH is a great place to purchase costume parts and not get fleeced on ebay.

But signing up for TDH I'm in 'new member' status and have to 'pay my dues' before buying in the Cargo Hold.

What if there was strict criteria for full dual membership, such as:
1. Must have been a member of one of the forums (RPF, TDH, HL) for at least 5 years
2. Be a member in good standing.
3. Be a member deemed a contributing member to their original forum (eg: didn't join the first one and then just sold stuff).
4. Must join with same user name (so you're not re-inventing yourself to only sell, spam or troll).

I mean, now that we're all under the same umbrella, I think this would increase members from all 3 sites to join up the others and increase traffic. When you're an 'old dog' on one of those sites, why would you want to start again on the bottom ?

With a Thread title like that, how could I have missed it.

I see it's a recent post from July, I'll re-check TDH. Thanks for the link.

James Kenobi 1138, thank you for the suggestions. We are definitely looking into how best to handle the different forums and memberships.

Our ultimate goal is to allow members the ability to have a single user name that will grant access to all of our forums, as well as history and contributions on one forum counting toward standing and requirements on the others.

Although our present (and future) forums all have their long standing members and unique history, we hope to be able to provide a reference point for all members so that even if you are new to a particular forum, their membership can easily become aware of your contributions, standing, and expertise.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back