DT-12 Greedo Blaster Build

Painted Imperial Discs

IMG_1132_zpscibqfejb.jpg

Re-assembled the rest of the pistol, who knew it works!

IMG_1135_zpsixwq2ucn.jpg

This lasted about 26 hours until the cap fell off.....looked good while it was in place

IMG_1133_zpsw0scejiy.jpg

Shapeways parts arrived

IMG_1143_zpsst2iwtfa.jpg

Printed steel bull barrel was pretty grainy

IMG_1144_zpsvrcvmc8b.jpg

Sanded one of the knurled cones. It sanded very easily and will look great when painted and weathered. Pretty happy with these prints!

IMG_1148_zpsndyyvl9o.jpg

An hour and a half sanding the pistol barrel and the bull barrel and 2 blisters later

IMG_1149_zpsgb0ze6ug.jpg

Washed it up and blued it about 5 separate times

IMG_1150_zpsept2bq9u.jpg

New rear sight after some sanding

IMG_1151_zpscfnd2kf1.jpg

Blued BB and Reade cylinder looks pretty good

IMG_1152_zpso7tce3tj.jpg

Blued rear parts...not sure what these are called

IMG_1153_zpsjzok1ke0.jpg

Brass barrel

IMG_1154_zpsqkqarzny.jpg

Grips mounted

IMG_1155_zps0xn4ooin.jpg

__2814FF6D-FC45-4203-A8DD-3D4224137AD1_zpscohop6vu.jpg

It's moving the right direction!

Print vs. sanded for the cones

IMG_1159_zpsjq1bt1ob.jpg

Printed sight looked too small so I made one out of aluminum tube and Dark Energy DL-44 sight parts

IMG_1160_zpssklmnipq.jpg

Cut apart the print for the mount

IMG_1162_zpsjx9zchiw.jpg

Looks pretty good - need to figure a way to align it during gluing

IMG_1163_zpsbrmuj1yp.jpg

PL-259 connectors glued

IMG_1161_zpsv0honibk.jpg

Not a bad morning for being up all night with food poisoning

Food poisoning is a terrible thing... haven’t had that in a long time, but the last wasn’t fun

Stay hydrated , get well soon !!

It wasn’t so bad, but thank you I’m fine now! Just had to stay close to home so I thought I might as well get some stuff done! Maybe I’ll get more done today? Thanks again for the nice comments guys!

Can't help myself! For whatever reason the clip wouldn't fit after I re-assembled the pistol, so I took it apart and cut it down so it would "clip" in. Feels better with the weight too!

IMG_1170_zpst8cvmm9c.jpg

Modded the sight mount to fit better & epoxied

IMG_1172_zpsrevce7t3.jpg

Got the tone arm pieces opened up to fit the Fett shin tools inside and epoxied the cones on

IMG_1173_zps5s6muhzk.jpg

Mocked this up with Imperial discs and missiles - the backside of the missiles will need to be filed down so they sit flat against the pistol and have less chance of falling off. I may try and utilize the screw holes and attached them with an allen stud. I think I'm also going to use a Forstner bit and slightly recess the walnut grips for the Imperial discs so they are flat on the grips also. Just my thoughts to attempt to keep this blaster together. Nothing worse than picking up a prop and things fall off of it!

LOL, I forgot the picture

IMG_1174_zpsrbuvzdvx.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good!
Out of curiosity, how long did you make the tube in your sight greeblie? I cut mine last night and estimated 1.5 inches. (Still waiting for additional pushrods to arrive, but I have stand-ins.)

Repainted the pistol after the "build scars"

IMG_1393_zpsvphvdvud.jpg

Back to assembled

IMG_1394_zpsoashbhz7.jpg

Forstnered the grips didn't go as well as I'd hoped, the bit "walked" a little. Oh well, the Imperial discs are flat

IMG_1395_zpsblyzlbnn.jpg

Missiles, sight, and pontoon are painted. Hopefully assembly tomorrow!

I'm incredibly impressed that you thickened the trigger guard...SO many builders don't do this , and it really defines the greedo blaster .
Are you attempting the " missing square greeblie scar " on the left side ??
Loving this build by the way .

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back