DT-12 Greedo Blaster Build

TatooineMachine

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well I thought Greedo's DT-12 blaster would go well with my Field Marshall DL-44 ANH Solo Blaster. I picked up a KJW Ruger Mk1 airsoft pistol and had quite a few of the blaster parts in my box of Star Wars bits. Here's what I've got so far -

KJW Ruger Mk1 Pistol
Field Marshal Reade cylinder, machined turntable pieces, & Imperial notched discs
Dark Energy machined Tomtit push rods
PL-259 connectors
Machine Craft machined Michell stylus brush pieces

I have ordered a set of vintage Ruger checkered walnut grips and CBS Props parts as follows from Shapeways -

Plastic Pontoon
Plastic Rear Sight
Plastic Sight with Mount
Aluminum Michell Cones - 2
Steel Bull Barrel Sleeve

These will arrive mid October.....so Ill see what I can work through until then. I'm excited to work on another blaster!

__E969AB34-0D59-4253-A4D7-B33A856A5B53_zpszdlnlwpk.jpg

Some progress. Vintage Ruger checkered walnut grips arrived but they need to be stripped as they are oddly sticky.

__C3CFD4C0-D973-4ADF-8A55-1C8A7DEE11BA_zpsjjdybi0e.jpg

Disassembled the pistol to remove all the casting & molding seams. I want the actual metal parts to be stripped of satin black paint and blued for a little more real look & feel

IMG_0156_zpsfegjbg9v.jpg

IMG_0157_zpsfivxybht.jpg

After blueing and a light weathering

IMG_0158_zpswncskf8y.jpg

Before barrel disassembly

IMG_0159_zps7plljnib.jpg

These seams need to go!

IMG_0160_zps8boq8kip.jpg

Smooth

IMG_0161_zpsyafadvh5.jpg

This was a nice surprise, I hope it will show

IMG_0162_zpsleotmiji.jpg

IMG_0163_zpsu3dhrz3b.jpg

Bad pics but they're now painted satin and no seams!

IMG_0165_zpsoxyn7amz.jpg

IMG_0166_zps7nazkgoq.jpg

Parts

IMG_0167_zpsgr3lwhwd.jpg

I want to strip the trigger to bare silver, add to the trigger guard, smooth out the grip, and paint. I need to open up the back side of the Ruger wood grips to clear the Airsoft grip mounts and get longer slotted screws for the upper holes to mount the Imperial discs.

Last edited:
I have always wanted to do a Greedo blaster, but never got around to it. I did do a custom Luger blaster and tore it all apart, stripped, sanded and blued. Definitely worth the effort.
I am watching with interest!

You beat me to it! I’m currently working on the same conversion, with plans for a build thread.
Yours is looking really good. I can’t wait to see what you come up with.

Nice work so far! I love this blaster.

I actually added a little more material to the trigger guard on mine, just the other day! When I first thickened it, I used strips of styrene, that I heated until I could form them around the guard.

This time, I tried out some black Milliput, which I've been wanting to try for a long time, and it was great to work with! Similar to Apoxie Sculpt, but better IMO.

I also added some real pulleys to the grips, which look really nice.

I'll post pics to my blaster thread, when I get some taken.

Anyway, keep up the great work!

Worked a bit on this today. Built up the trigger guard

Paint stick Bondo dam

IMG_0731_zpspbcvirpe.jpg

First pass of Bondo

IMG_0732_zpsqawcc4xe.jpg

Before Bondo is fully cured it's very easy to use an X-Acto knife to cut it to shape so there's less sanding

IMG_0733_zpskbfytipy.jpg

Second pass

IMG_0734_zps4iclcnbp.jpg

Trim

IMG_0735_zpsykzfrm8d.jpg

IMG_0736_zpsshz62hdm.jpg

Last detail pass of Bondo

IMG_0737_zpsppwkzg1f.jpg

Sanded and shaped

IMG_0739_zpseiah0aci.jpg

IMG_0740_zpscukcnyht.jpg

I'll let it cure a few days and hit it with primer and see how it looks. All but the aluminum printed side missile knurled cones are completed according to my Shapeways account. Hopefully I'll get the parts sooner than the end of October!

Your Bondo skills are magnificent sir! :D (y)

LOL, I used to paint exteriors of houses and we used Bondo for termite damage patching, joints, gaps, holes, knots, etc., that and quite a bit of body work on project cars over the years, I’m very comfortable with it! Funny, but Bondo is really a great product! Let’s see how it looks after primer!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back