DStines Mark X Tricorder Battery change issue

ReelClones

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Some years ago I bought a DStines Mark X Medical Tricorder and the battery has finally stopped holding a charge. I was wondering if anyone has successfully replaced the battery as the rear panel seems to be glued on and I don't want to force it open without knowing how it was fixed in place. I tried the email I had for him a while back but never heard back. Hopefully someone else with one of these has already given it a go!
FEF3754F-4FC4-40CC-A7AF-77A95854B82D.jpeg

Attachments

• 46036240-D525-4533-90C0-476FA189F3B0.jpeg
    46036240-D525-4533-90C0-476FA189F3B0.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 83
I have the same one and had the same problem. I had to force the back open and get a new rechargeable battery system from Gerry at gmprops and then put the cover back on using small pieces of velcro. I don't know if Gerry still offers the batteries and there have been problems with people getting their orders.

As I feared. Thanks for the info, I'll have to try to find a way of opening it with minimum damage. Do you remember what type of battery it was?

I have the same one and had the same problem. I had to force the back open and get a new rechargeable battery system from Gerry at gmprops and then put the cover back on using small pieces of velcro. I don't know if Gerry still offers the batteries and there have been problems with people getting their orders.
Last I heard, Gerry had teamed up with TechnoModels to help resolve some of the issues. You might want to hit them up to see if they could provide a replacement battery/charge.

Sean

I am no longer affiliated in any way with TechnosModels. They basically took all of my electronics designs and are now selling them as their own. They had promised to send me a box full of prop electronics that had been professionally assembled and I was going to use a lot of these to settle many outstanding orders. But after promising me several times that the box had been shipped, it never arrived. They also promised to pay me a royalty for every sale they made. I agreed to let them cover their manufacturing costs first before they started to pay me royalties. They told me they would only need to sell 10 of each type of prop electronics to cover the initial costs and then they would start paying me royalties from 11 onward. Many items have sold well beyond 10 and they have not paid me a cent. They lied to me several times and so I left. They continue to sell the electronics against my wishes. They refuse to listen to me.

Sorry for the rant. I did not mean to hijack the thread.

As for the battery: yes, I can supply a new rechargeable battery for $25US. PM me.

Very sorry to hear this, Gerry...

I had hopped the partnership would be a turning point for Trek electronics...

Sean

I am no longer affiliated in any way with TechnosModels. They basically took all of my electronics designs and are now selling them as their own. They had promised to send me a box full of prop electronics that had been professionally assembled and I was going to use a lot of these to settle many outstanding orders. But after promising me several times that the box had been shipped, it never arrived. They also promised to pay me a royalty for every sale they made. I agreed to let them cover their manufacturing costs first before they started to pay me royalties. They told me they would only need to sell 10 of each type of prop electronics to cover the initial costs and then they would start paying me royalties from 11 onward. Many items have sold well beyond 10 and they have not paid me a cent. They lied to me several times and so I left. They continue to sell the electronics against my wishes. They refuse to listen to me.

Sorry for the rant. I did not mean to hijack the thread.

As for the battery: yes, I can supply a new rechargeable battery for $25US. PM me.
Sorry to hear that man. People stink sometimes.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back