DS9 Starter Props

Fezman92

I am planing to start making some DS9 props, starting at the small scale. I want to start with those thermos or traveling mugs they have. The mug/thermos (I still can't figure out what the proper name for it is) will be the easy part. I just can't get a good screen shot of the writing. I know it has the Starfleet Delta. I assume the rest of it is USS Defiant and then the registry number?

I figure a phaser holster and also a tricorder holster are easy to do, I just need to figure out how to make it hold together. I was thinking of using a fax-leather fabric with a Velcro backing.

I also plan to make a few isoleaner chips and an optolythic data rod.

The PADDs look somewhat easy for a small budget but I want to make two, one with some sort of astronomy/astrophysics display and one for the Defiant.

My long term goals are to build Ezri's TR-116 Rifle (I know for the headset I could use a microphone set, switch out the mic for the eyepiece and wire it so it lights up when it is folded down.), The Starfleet rifle (complete with lights and sound.)

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks!

David

Nice to see another DS9 fan here.

FYI... the phaser and tric holsters were made of hard plastic.

Hi Lost in Trek,

the holsters were made of thin (1/2 mm) plastic and they are quite flexible. A few years ago I met Michael Moore and he showed me a screenused tricorder holster which was made of soft foam, black spandex and black velcro.

Keep on trekking

Dietrich

Yes there were different versions during the different series.

Alice clips were used on the Voyager holsters

Maybe a stunt version, but I think in TNG they used this version in all seasons. In Voyager they had vacuum formed plastic holsters with metal clips on the back.

Dietrich

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back