Drone 1 Silent running: Dewey re-born

cirrusx1

Thought I would submit some early stage photos of my full size drone replica fromSilent running. It is a Fred Barton issue drone, in kit form, which I still have not seen all of the pieces from good ole Fred after 5000. dollars paid, 7 months later and repeated e-mails on when I should expect the remainder. Typical from what I have heard. Never again Fred ...
Anyhow, I intend on making it as screen accurate as possible. Actually, I came across the hardest part to get the Carello Headlight for the eye. This got me pretty excited on making this fellow the best I drone possible. When I get it done I intend on loaning him to the Sci Fi Museum in Seattle for display. I want to commission an articulated arm Like the one micdavis is babysitting...any takers?

Enjoy the photos, I will update them as I move forward with this build. I have to say, I still love the design of this...Doug trumbull, you rock...

That's really excellent.
Now getting it to actually walk- without any "special people" inside- THAT would be the ultimate, but probably (nearly) impossible.

<div class='quotetop'>(neosporing @ May 30 2006, 07:46 PM) [snapback]1253224[/snapback]</div>
Looks Fantastic. Are you going to give him a watering can?
[/b]

Actually, I found the watering can too. I know it's dorky but putting in his manipulator arm will make him more human.

I also intend having the computer card be the on/off switch for the lights. Love to make the lights motion activated but it is a bit out of my expertise.

You're off to an outstanding start. :eek

I've always loved the drones, and your Dewey replica is shaping up beautifully. (It should be, after $5000.) Great find on the Carello headlamp. It really adds authenticity to your recreation.

That's a really cute pooch in the first shot, too, posing so primly with Dewey for the photo. :)

Looking forward to photos of continuing progress. Thanks for sharing these. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back