Printed Spine part:

yvwnps2q.jpg

qa68xzmi.jpg

And after detailing with styrene plates:

ou5cw6xk.jpg

bu8bkrph.jpg

ht2vxaf6.jpg

qev66qpd.jpg

I try to figure out all the chest hinges / articulations… and which to to make fix and moveable.
That will take a while…

pd5tscaj.jpg

Looking good!
John Goodson built the original maquette of the Destroyer droid, and he used to call that thing at the base of the spine "the typewriter".

Looks awesome! You've got some great 3d modeling skills! Maybe you've said this, but will you be offering it as a kit? I'd be game for one...

Looks awesome! You've got some great 3d modeling skills! Maybe you've said this, but will you be offering it as a kit? I'd be game for one...
Thanks! Sorry no kit. Maybe I share the files when I'm finished the model. The "problem" is not all parts are 3d printed or even modeled. There are parts cut with a vinyl cuter or hand crafted...

Wow, I love this project! Combining 3d printing with scratchbuilt styrene is such a great idea.
The details you achieve are amazing!
Makes me itch to buy a printer now.
Can I ask, what kind of printer do you have, and what kind of vinyl cutter?

Wow, I love this project! Combining 3d printing with scratchbuilt styrene is such a great idea.
The details you achieve are amazing!
Makes me itch to buy a printer now.
Can I ask, what kind of printer do you have, and what kind of vinyl cutter?
Printer: Creality Ender 3
Cutter: Silhouette Portrait

This build is an exemplar for how 3d printing integrates properly into a scratch-build (like any other tool). Outstanding stuff, Frostrubin. Just wonderful.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back