DRIVE (2011) Scorpion Satin Jacket

Yeah, I noticed the tail was off after I posted that image, but didn't bother uploading the revised version. But, since you guys asked for it:

drive-scorpion-1.jpg

Actually, I had fixed it before anyone commented on it... I was just too lazy to post the updated image (I didn't think anyone would notice) but, I should know better. This is the RPF! ;)

Hey Indy. I had a closer look at the scorpion from the jacket and I noticed a few things that need changing on yours. Here's a really rough bit of line work to point out what I noticed from the screen caps.
k54hl2.jpg

Hey Indy. I had a closer look at the scorpion from the jacket and I noticed a few things that need changing on yours. Here's a really rough bit of line work to point out what I noticed from the screen caps.
k54hl2.jpg
WOW! you got an damn good set of eyes there!:) with all the people here on the site, we'll make an exact replica of it!

That looks great Indy!! I'm really looking forward to a prototype as well. I will comb over the screen-used jacket in the pictures and see if anything else needs changing. Looks awesome

joined the forum just to join this conversation. I want the jacket and am willing to pony up! :) we'll see where this thread goes!

First time on this site, but after searching far and wide for some information on getting a replica of the jacket (after first seeing this a few months ago), I luckily found this fourm:

Someone mentioned calling Richard Lim directly to inquire about a quote, I did, and was told to email what turns out to be costume designer for the film, Erin Benach. Apparently -- and I guess this shouldn't come as a surprise -- the design's been copyrighted.

Is it worth hitting her up to see if...what exactly? Lol. I certainly can't ask her to make one. I'm just not entirely sure why I'm contacting her and the quickness w/ which she (the woman I spoke to on the phone) suggested this makes me wonder if they're actually allowed to recreate these at all. Like, do I email her for permission to ask High Society to make one? I don't know how this works, but it doesn't sound like it works that way at all.

Monsieur Indy Magnoli, you might be my guy. :p

From what I understand, the copyright for an item like a jacket will never hold up. There's a dense legal brief written about it here:

The copying of fashion design originals – “knocking off” or “affordable interpretation”, depending on your point of view – has been around as long as clothes have been considered not just a way to protect oneself f

Though I'm sure a lot of you who are familiar with this know that already...

The scorpion itself can be copyrighted I suppose but it's a pretty generic design...

From what I understand, the copyright for an item like a jacket will never hold up. There's a dense legal brief written about it here:

The copying of fashion design originals – “knocking off” or “affordable interpretation”, depending on your point of view – has been around as long as clothes have been considered not just a way to protect oneself f

Though I'm sure a lot of you who are familiar with this know that already...

The scorpion itself can be copyrighted I suppose but it's a pretty generic design...
lets just hope that doesn't happen. even if it does, they're hinting to mass produce this

Just throwing this out here since that link to the wardrobe doesn't have the info.

If anyone wants the exact jeans, they are Acne brand, and I'm about 90% sure they are Acne Max slim jeans in the Raw color. I compared the pockets, threading, color and fit, and this is the closest match I found. They look black in the movie a lot, but on the Golden Closet they're clearly very dark blue. They could also be the Cash color, but I'm leaning toward Raw.

None of the sunglasses suggested by the Steal the Style post are even remotely close to the glasses in the movie. Anyone got any better guesses?

Also the watch they suggest doesn't have numbers on the stopwatch, which is the more important part in my mind (and may not exist in a real world watch).

Just throwing this out here since that link to the wardrobe doesn't have the info.

If anyone wants the exact jeans, they are Acne brand, and I'm about 90% sure they are Acne Max slim jeans in the Raw color. I compared the pockets, threading, color and fit, and this is the closest match I found. They look black in the movie a lot, but on the Golden Closet they're clearly very dark blue. They could also be the Cash color, but I'm leaning toward Raw.

None of the sunglasses suggested by the Steal the Style post are even remotely close to the glasses in the movie. Anyone got any better guesses?

Also the watch they suggest doesn't have numbers on the stopwatch, which is the more important part in my mind (and may not exist in a real world watch).
The shades are the Selima Optique Money 2 Aviator. Haven't been able to find them for sale yet.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back