DRI Gundam Sazabe

izabel

Sr Member
Hi Guys! It's been a while huh? We've been lazy. lol.

Sharing one of our newest endeavors...the Gundam Sazabe. :cool

I'm not sure if DR & cyback has some progress pics... if I find them I'll post them.

Cosplayed by Krischan Ramos. :)

Hope you like it!

312969_2453422175899_1262378077_32936564_34303020_n.jpg

309594_2453444656461_1262378077_32936593_77311425_n.jpg

320234_2433959689770_1275013397_32817222_244435434_n.jpg

304766_10150468425494196_667804195_10893040_1916523861_n.jpg

:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

Dammit! That is FRAKEN AWESOME!!! I was going to make a Mark 2 from zeta, but now I am shamed to admit I can never come close to how good your work is. All freehand, right? Man I gotta ask again, what is that coating and paint he's using, I MUST GET SOME!!!

:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

Dammit! That is FRAKEN AWESOME!!! I was going to make a Mark 2 from zeta, but now I am shamed to admit I can never come close to how good your work is. All freehand, right? Man I gotta ask again, what is that coating and paint he's using, I MUST GET SOME!!!

nyahaha. thanks. actually its a new paint they tried. a bit more expensive than the usual aerosol paint we normally use. they say its really for cars. Robert said its called Hansal. Cyback said its smooth and so easy to use ('course I just eavesdrop at what they say and translate.lol).

they usually prime it first - epoxy primer - then spray paint. depending on the finish required a gloss paint is used also.

Wow.

That is pretty spectacular. Is it made of foam?

yup. just plain 'ol rubber from the phils. lol.

actually its the first time i saw it and even I was blown away. its like a real LIFE SIZE TOY! hahaha. :confused

Epoxy primer? interesting...and it flexes and bends? any chance you can take a picture of the epoxy and the paint cans? It's OK if they are not in English, I can use the picture to track them down, but I am REALLY interested in this process. If I had the money I would fly to the Philippines to visit you all and learn the process first hand. (I'm not saying I might not do that in the future, but I want to try this way first) Again, AMAZING WORK!!!

Epoxy primer? interesting...and it flexes and bends? any chance you can take a picture of the epoxy and the paint cans? It's OK if they are not in English, I can use the picture to track them down, but I am REALLY interested in this process. If I had the money I would fly to the Philippines to visit you all and learn the process first hand. (I'm not saying I might not do that in the future, but I want to try this way first) Again, AMAZING WORK!!!

here's a photo. that's not the brand. any automotive primer will do.

ZO-EpoxyPrimerSGray.gif

actually, the main purpose of the primer is to really make it smooth as sometimes the rubber has pores and when you directly paint on it it will seep in. also, it helps retain the shape better. hope this helps. :cool

Beautiful, just beautiful. Thank you for the new brass ring to reach for.

thank you. :)

i have nothing to add, i just wanted to be included in this thread... :behave

roy :behave

Awesome! How do you move in such things!?

kialna it's highly movable. we take it into consideration before we make stuff

Oh man - that is sooo beyond what my little brain can take! Unbelievable! ;-)

thank you. :)

Can I have a whole slab of Bacon an 20 bottles of awesome sauce ta wash it down with????!!!!

laugh it up furball!!!! sent from my T- Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk.

Hey Izabel! I just caught Don Roberts movie premiere! Well at least I think it is, I am behind the times on these things sometimes. At any rate IRON MAN GOES TO MANILA was great, loved the cheese factor (whether intentional or not) it was still great!

Back to this thread! I found some epoxy primer, but there seems to be two kinds, one that has a 2 part mixture and one straight out of the can, which should I use? And how hard or stiff does the foam get after I coat this 3 times? Thanks again for answering all the questions, I'm sure we're all really annoying at times.
:behave

This is beyond fantastic.
Congratulation on an amazing job.

I would be interested in the answer to these questions also
one that has a 2 part mixture and one straight out of the can, which should I use? And how hard or stiff does the foam get after I coat this 3 times?

Hey,Izabel those are great pics thanx for sharin'

laugh it up furball!!!! sent from my T- Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk.

Hey Izabel! I just caught Don Roberts movie premiere! Well at least I think it is, I am behind the times on these things sometimes. At any rate IRON MAN GOES TO MANILA was great, loved the cheese factor (whether intentional or not) it was still great!

Back to this thread! I found some epoxy primer, but there seems to be two kinds, one that has a 2 part mixture and one straight out of the can, which should I use? And how hard or stiff does the foam get after I coat this 3 times? Thanks again for answering all the questions, I'm sure we're all really annoying at times.
:behave

Robert said get the 2 part mixture. its goes 1:1 ratio for the mixture. the 1st spray should be completely dried before applying a 2nd coat. after it dries he said you can sand it already. the 3rd coat is just a thin layer.

the painting will only take 3 days with good weather conditions.

day 1 - epoxy primer
day 2 - sanding
day 3 - painting
day 4 - the suit must be air-dried to take out the odor of the paint

hope this helps. :)

I have no idea what the that is or supposed to be, but all I do know is that it is I WANT ONE! Very clean work, especially with all that foam! In person, do the edges sag at all or need reinforcement? For example, on the shield and shoulder parts? I'm curious, what is the frame constructed of underneath? Great work, I'm sure you're very proud.

I have no idea what the that is or supposed to be, but all I do know is that it is I WANT ONE! Very clean work, especially with all that foam! In person, do the edges sag at all or need reinforcement? For example, on the shield and shoulder parts? I'm curious, what is the frame constructed of underneath? Great work, I'm sure you're very proud.

its the rubber itself. does not sag or need any frame support. :cool

That's one of the coolest gundam inspired builds I've seen in a long time...Gotta share the pics on a number of other forums I'm on if thats ok? The guys into gunpla modeling would get a kick out of it.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back