Dredd

Yeah, this news is actually a couple months old at this point. If you do a search for "Dredd" topic titles across all forums, you'll see a few other threads about the movie, including a topic I started in Replica Props specifically for discussing the new movie's version of the Lawgiver sidearm. :cool

lookign forward to it. i actually liked the Stallone one, the Mean Machine make-up, ABC warrior and city were phenomenal. the ending was butchered and outta whack for unknown reasons tho, i'd love to see a DVD w/ everything replaced.

Yer- the '95 dredd - had big holes everywhere, Lol. & so many cut scenes that have never since materialised. the clones scene for instance--<a lot of still pics from the movie exist- that you never actually see in the film>-Makes you wonder what it would of looked like ....

Have high hopes for the new movie, looks like they learned alot from the Stallone effort. Set inside one block for the majority I understand. Gritty, claustrophobic and the helmet is staying on. from Karl Urban.."I say this hypothetically. If I went to a movie called Judge Dredd and the lead actor at one point took of his helmet so we could see his full face I would just puke in my popcorn because that's not Dredd. He is mysterious and enigmatic. We're doing it right, it's gonna be harder, grittier and above all faithful to the comic. It's gonna kick ass."
Fingers crossed.

Dredd's definitely on my must see list. I only hope that I don't have to wait to long until someone does the helmets. Those things are awesome!

have high hopes for the new movie, looks like they learned alot from the stallone effort. Set inside one block for the majority i understand. Gritty, claustrophobic and the helmet is staying on. From karl urban.."i say this hypothetically. If i went to a movie called judge dredd and the lead actor at one point took of his helmet so we could see his full face i would just puke in my popcorn because that's not dredd. He is mysterious and enigmatic. We're doing it right, it's gonna be harder, grittier and above all faithful to the comic. It's gonna kick ass."
fingers crossed.

whit he saed

I read that this Dredd Movie is going to be pretty Violent, which can only be a good thing considering how the comics are.

A bit of a spoiler here for those that don't know, i managed to get hold of a draft for the script (how reliable it is i'm unsure) Judge Anderson is the sidekick in this Movie.

From reading the draft there are a lot of Death's :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I read that this Dredd Movie is going to pretty Violent, which can only be a good thing considering how the comics are.

a bit of a spoiler here for those that don't know, i managed to get hold of a draft for the script (how reliable it is im unsure) Judge Anderson is the sidekick in this Movie.

From reading the draft there are a lot of Death's :)

As we say in glesga there,s been a murder.:eek

Just a little side note, the first GI Joe movie had lots of killing and violence on the call sheets. Doesnt mean much until final edit. I mean, dunt meen notin till tha finle edit.

Anyone else notice how messed up Karl Urban's mouth looks??

DOOM-32.jpg

vs.

ku_dredd_jan12.jpg

Last edited:
Looks really awesome so far, looking forward to seeing more. Kinda wish they had kept the eagle shoulders with the costume design, still looks good though.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back