Dredd metal buckles 6 for £10 THIS IS NOT A SALE THREAD

sp1derman

Sr Member
Was on ebay looking for pieces to begin my dredd build and found buckels almost identical on ebay 6 for £10 I can't post eBay links so search Metal side release buckles for 30 mm webbing press button A6Y guys name is herber ltd

Sorry about weird font not sure what is going on

Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say they are quite far from Dredd's AustriAlpin buckles but might be good for budget build. They are cheap!

I'd say they are quite far from Dredd's AustriAlpin buckles but might be good for budget build. They are cheap!
I know they aren't exact. I work on a semi budget and unless you have an eye for these things I don't think anyone would notice still better then the basic plastic clips I've seen on some builds

I bought a pair of the correct clips for the areas at the top of the vest - quite expensive, but as they are on show I wanted the correct ones.

These will be for the side, not too visible, so I figured cheap alternative would be ok.

I bought a pair of the correct clips for the areas at the top of the vest - quite expensive, but as they are on show I wanted the correct ones.

These will be for the side, not too visible, so I figured cheap alternative would be ok.
I've bought alot of budget bits as spending most of my money on helmet lawgiver and armour my plan is to have an initial suit made and then upgrade things like buckles because thesenclips are closer to 1" and his hips are 2" I bought 6 for the chest and holster and will use cheap ones for now on the sides. Over the year or 2 I will upgrade bit by bit. Eventually will get a fully finished bawz helmet and a leather next jacket.

One question to all doing these suits what is a reasonable price for his vest collar £75 on leather next seems a bit much if I still had a sewing machine I could make one in a few hours so £75 seems rather expensive what's everyone's opinion

Got mine today look great in person may get a second set and just have smaller straps on the sides 1 inch instead of 2" DSC_0005.JPG

11391364_10206805687639137_5724967250818416730_n.jpg

I received my Black Oxide buckles yesterday. They are the quality I expected but the auto lock doesn't work so I have to manually lock the buckle. It doesn't bother me to much as they as going on my 10 year old Sons budget build vest & they wont be used once in place.

The collar is not at all pleasant to make. Had the leathernext one been available when I made mine, I'd have probably gone with it. I spent about $50 US on the materials for the collar and 3-4 hours making it. Compared to that, the $150ish for the leathernext shipped seems pretty reasonable.

The collar is not at all pleasant to make. Had the leathernext one been available when I made mine, I'd have probably gone with it. I spent about $50 US on the materials for the collar and 3-4 hours making it. Compared to that, the $150ish for the leathernext shipped seems pretty reasonable.
I've built a temporary one its awful however it does the job to help me build the vest I think if I can get the money I will buy there collar

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back