Limited Run Dredd Lawgiver 2012 Full Electronics and Action

Props3D

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The last few days of quiet have been focusing on the conundrum of the box, thanks to BeakZ for breaking the dead air :D. I've been diligently sanding and painting on the side and getting pretty close. I'm hoping to have the first lot of 3 shipped by next weekend and up to 5 the week after, with more soon to follow. These things tend to come together quick near the end with so many parallel operations. More on that and pics tomorrow.

For today:
20220921_143534.jpg

20220921_143608.jpg

(again, this is a just a bunch of test prints glued together for bashing about with and testing, NOT one of the final Lawgivers!!!!!)

And I think I've finally got it! This is one of the final boxes. It's embedded in the card stock and sandwiched between two sheets of EVA foam. This keeps the paint protected from pressure, while still being very strong and drop resistant. So it seems cool enough, strong enough, and doggone it, I like it.

I'm done about 2/3 of them, it's been quite the slog because each box is 3 CNC jobs with a tool change in the middle, I also can't use my bit setter with these wacky DIY CNC tools so it's all manual offsets. That's pretty crazy if you've ever done CNC work. Worth every min for a run like this, really didn't want to ship it in a wad of bubble wrap ;).

enterprise0216

Sr Member
Props3D for a mashup it looks killer thus far and I will be saving the box it ships in just as a keepsake of the run. Your hard and the rest of folks involved in making this run happen is stellar. Loving the Box, Lawgiver, Metallic Card, Display Stand geez. Keep up the great work folk.

Props3D

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Props3D for a mashup it looks killer thus far and I will be saving the box it ships in just as a keepsake of the run. Your hard and the rest of folks involved in making this run happen is stellar. Loving the Box, Lawgiver, Metallic Card, Display Stand geez. Keep up the great work folk.
Thanks, been a lot of work but also a lot of fun. So many concepts in this one run so it's both exciting and incredibly relieving to see it all working out so well and come together so smoothly.

I keep pointing out that one in the pics is just a proxy because I want to make sure nobody thinks that's a final, don't want anyone to get the wrong idea.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.