Done / Completed DREDD 3D Lawgiver kit by morganthirteen & joatrash (OPEN))

JOATRASH FX

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Currently casting and shipping on a per-order basis as long as the molds hold.

Morganthirteen (Shawn) and I (Joe) are now offering stunt casts of the Dredd 3D Lawgiver, based on a master 3d print of the most accurate version to date. (Since it has also become the most common LG kit, readily available holsters and things have been patterned after it as well.) These kits will require minimal cleanup, assembly and paint.

DETAILS & FEATURES:

• Tinted dark grey resin (some color variation possible dep on resin batches). Solid OR rotocast/foam filled (see post 186 for info on differences You must ASK for the rotocast version during payment.)
  • Magazine is HOLLOW and SEPARATE
  • Bullet row-"insert" castings + clear screens for mag are included
  • Decal for display screen is included (3 versions)
  • "Lawgiver Mk II" serial number plate included (CUSTOM serial numbers can be arranged for additional cost)

HOW TO GET ONE: IMPORTANT!!!

Send ME a PM with the headline "LAWGIVER ORDER". I will reply with payment instructions. You need to pay asap days to secure your order. Prices are below, please do not send in an order if you do not intend to follow through as it creates confusion

THANKS!

COST:
Each kit is $200 shipped (225 intl). Extra magazines are 30 for one, 50 for two (add 10 intl per magazine)

We WILL ship worldwide BUT we cannot be responsible for any customs issues or the like. For those in the UK: For an additional $35 we will supply the main body of your kit sprayed a bright color to help get it past customs.

Photo of the kit (serial number plate not shown):
lawgiverkit_zpsd7ab2bb1.png

Additional info:
If you are planning on adding lights/electronics, go for the rotocast as it will be easier to hollow out.
If you're skilled, you could probably mod the magazine with a super-strong magnet.

Oh, and If you recast this, we will send Karl Urban himself to your house and make you eat his boots!
Please do not support the lowlife scum that are selling recasts of this kit.

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT ALL! (And for making this the biggest run of props both Shawn and I have ever done here.) With all the incredible stuff being made for the Dredd DC effort, it is an honor to be a part of it.

(Also a special THANK YOU from me to Shawn for taking on this project. It's been a dream to work with a real pro. I could never had offered this kind of quality casting alone.)

If you are curious as to how this started, see my original 3d print build thread which is still ongoing.

Last edited:
Re: DREDD 3D Lawgiver castings...

Interested pending price. Do you have anymore pics?

Price is listed in the first post above- unless something goes wrong this will be $200. More photos of the master shell also linked in the first post... linked here again:

http://www.therpf.com/f71/dredd-2012-lawgiver-3d-print-yes-another-172359/index3.html

Photos of the finished castings will not exist for a few weeks yet, and interest will depend on whether or not this actually happens, but once y'all know who is doing the casting there should be no doubt as to the quality (In case someone is holding out waiting to see final pics).

Will you cast them in black? I am guessing morgan13 is doing the casting, if so that's good news.

Very nice master... go ahead and add me to the interest list. And add another vote for casting in black!

Ah, great that you chimed in Shawn. I've updated the first post with links to earlier work. These LGs are gonna look great. :)

Ah, great that you chimed in Shawn. I've updated the first post with links to earlier work. These LGs are gonna look great. :)

Very nice! Thanks for adding the links to see his previous work. I will begin saving... now! :cool

The sights are part of the 3d print, so absolutely. (You should be able to see them in some of the 3d renders. I just haven't glued them to the master in the photo above!)

It will be as accurate a possible- we're aiming for it to be the most accurate version to date. It's a shame that no LGs will be sold with the Propstore auction or we might have even more reference, but after studying all available photos and as many HD screengrabs as possible I'm confident that this is quite close- even with the difficult spots liek the grip cover and the slight tapering of the top shroud.

Note: dark grey is actually better than black (or white, even) if you intend to do any sort of paintwork on it. It's easier to see all the details.

I am looking forward to this, really you just need to take the risk and make the mold. People will buy them no question.

Added!

Note: it will be a few weeks yet before you will start seeing finished casts. still need to get a master copy into Shawn's hands!

List updated. I'd like to preemptively thank everyone supporting this project. It's not often I can collaborate with other RPFers on these things due to costs and logistics but I really wanted this to fly. :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back