Done / Completed DREDD 3D Lawgiver kit by morganthirteen & joatrash (OPEN))

Re: DREDD 3D Lawgiver castings... (NEW photo!)

Updated list! I should be hearing back from Shawn soon so that we can start guesstimating some dates.

Interested. Any tips on who I can send it to, to finish it up? I kinda suck at this, lol.

There are probably several pretty close to you that would help you out. But if I know m13's castings... all you'll need is a fairly steady hand with a rattlecan, more or less. :)

Will the vent details be opened on the cast? Or will I need to dremmel them out to get them to look like the 3d print example? Please add me to the list for one.

Will the vent details be opened on the cast? Or will I need to dremmel them out to get them to look like the 3d print example? Please add me to the list for one.

I can't say exactly how the vents will be. They will definitely be THERE but not completely hollowed out- wouldn't really be possible unless major mods were done on the master. I'll let Shawn chime in here once he's got the master in-hand and answer the specifics.

Added!

Also... a fresh new print of the shell has been ordered and should be en route to Shawn in 8-10 days or so. The Glock is currently being worked on/prepared. :)

Just thought I'd chime in and confirm that a print has indeed been ordered and will hopefully be on it's way to me within two weeks. As soon as it arrives I'll begin determining the best way to breakdown the molding and casting of the individual pieces and designing and building the mold boxes.

Regarding the upper vents that are clearly see-though on the upper receiver-that might be more problematic for this version than the timeline will allow. The barrel shroud vents are easy, the material there is thin. Not so on the receiver. In a perfect situation I'd create a cut-out in that area and then scratch build a thin cover with the vents in that which could then be added as a separate piece. At this point it may be too late for that and it would almost certainly affect the price point, which Joe and I want to keep as low as possible. For trooping purposes (or in this case "judging") I don't think I'd want a fragile piece like that on the pistol, unless it was machined out of aluminum. Hmmmm.

I'll ruminate on it some more...

Is it possible to get one without the Glock so an Airsoft could be added? Not to shoot but just to have a working trigger, mag, etc??????

The shell is too thin to be cast hollow for a Glock to be added and getting 3d prints in the hands of others proved difficult. (There's a lot more info about that in the build thread.)

So, this thread is for solid casts. With the whole facebook gathering and all, a lot of folks will be needing something they can troop with (me included- 3d prints are too fragile).

Is it possible to get one without the Glock so an Airsoft could be added? Not to shoot but just to have a working trigger, mag, etc??????

So how does this thing work? In the film we see him reload the Glock part like any other Glock, however we never see him re-load the front which also obviously has some type of magazine?????

The LG fires a lot of different types of rounds, remember? There's your basic full-auto 9mm (or whatever the LQ is supposed to use) in the regular Glock mag, then the special ammo (hotshot, incendiary, high explosive, armor piercing and so on) in the forward mag.

My theory anyway.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back