Dredd ‘95 Armour

hywel

Looking for a bit of guidance from some of the prop makers here! Sorry in advance for some nooby-questions.

I just happened upon some of the vac-form bucks and moulds from the 1995 Judge Dredd movie and was looking for some advice on how best to mould some of the components. The majority is simple vac-form, and I've got that nailed; what I have questions about are:

1) The eagle - the body and wings are fiberglass so before I get to doing too much to it, I'd want to make a mould so that I could create more. Whats the best way? It's a funky shape so I know I'd have to build supports in too, but this is the part I'm least confident of.

2) The two longest parts are the belt and a strap thats used a bunch different ways. Obvs I need to make a negative mould of these, but given the rubber would have to be fairly durable was wondering if there was a good way that anyone could suggest who has experience?

3) Theres a piece of boot armour in front of the knee pads that is foam, and is a bit knackered due to age. How best to mould that (once the strap is removed)?

I've been hitting up YouTube and am pretty handy so I'm not starting from zero here, but if there's anyone out there who has a "oh just do it this way" kind of suggestion I'd appreciate it. Finally, if anyone has pictures of how the original props are assembled I'd appreciate it - lots of pics out there to see the outside, very little that shows how it all hangs together. Thank you.

Attachments

• 537894FB-E7DB-4D83-A8D4-6AF1E2CCD36B.jpeg
    537894FB-E7DB-4D83-A8D4-6AF1E2CCD36B.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 143
I’m not going to try to help as there are many others here with way more experience than me that are better suited to chime in. I just wanted to say that your collection is very cool. The Stallone Dredd is one of my family’s guilty pleasures. If you offer any costume pieces in the future, please let me know.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back