Dreads

BerserkBadBlood

ok, are you sick of boring black dreads? well then i have a idea that will interest you. ok my idea is that you take the dread and rap it with snake skin to give it a scaly look, plz rate and thanks for reading

I would like to do grey dread, kinda like an older predator. I think that would look pretty cool.

Go to SEARCH and select MORE SEARCH OPTIONS, then type in elder and under SEARCH WHERE, select HUNTERS GALLERY. voila!

I like the snakeskin idea but I think you'd definitely want to sculpt the skin pattern...That is, off course, unless what you mean is to sleeve each dred inside of whole skins (Which would look cool if the head was clamping the dred by the skull), which obviously would require quite a few dead snakes. Though, one or three, might look pretty sweet as trophies...

Go to SEARCH and select MORE SEARCH OPTIONS, then type in elder and under SEARCH WHERE, select HUNTERS GALLERY. voila!

I like the snakeskin idea but I think you'd definitely want to sculpt the skin pattern...That is, off course, unless what you mean is to sleeve each dred inside of whole skins (Which would look cool if the head was clamping the dred by the skull), which obviously would require quite a few dead snakes. Though, one or three, might look pretty sweet as trophies...

i think he was just saying he wants to do grey dreads not asking how to do them... i mean he is an older member here so i think he knows what the search option is
and regarding the snake skin dreads, i think that may be a little.... much. i mean dreads are hard enough to make, but then wrapping them up in snake skin, not only would it be expensive as hell to make 30+ dreads, it would be the hardest thing to do on your costume, that's just my 2 cents on that

Seems like a pretty neat idea wouldn't mind seeing it come to fruition, and I think the easiest way to go about it to sculpt and mold it rather then wrapping a dread in actual snake skin. So someone get to work on it.

-Chris

i think he was just saying he wants to do grey dreads not asking how to do them... i mean he is an older member here so i think he knows what the search option is

LOL! I didn't look at his join date. Honestly, I didn't even look at the name; I rarely do. Since this thread had been about something that hasn't necessarily been done in the past, coupled with how his post implied he had never seen grey dreads ("would look pretty cool"), I just put two and two together thinking, "hey, that has been done. Here's how to find examples."

I was thinking, I wonder if you could spray foam a snake skin and make a silicone mold from that to pick up the details. Probably still end having to sculpt out the details, though...Or just use rubber snakes from the dollar store and paint them up...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back