Dreads

Taibrel

I know there have been a few posts on making dreads and the material used but can anyone give me any idea on how i would go about making white or blue opaque dreads?

Any help or tips appreciated.

Cheers

Tai

Make a dread in foam, mix transparent silicone with blue or white paint and cover the dread with the silicone. That's what I do and it works fine for me.

so silicone would be best option? do you know if silicone if quite heat resistant as im thinking of putting blue LED's at base of dread and hoping it will sort of travel down dread, also make clear resin beads to show the blue glow also

I don't know if it's the best option, but it's cheap and easy. And I *love* the texture silicone gives to the dreads. So fleshy...

So far as I know, there shouldn't be any problem with silicone and leds, but it's not that I've tried to put them together. You can always make a single prototype dread and see if everything goes right.

this is when i asked this question lol my dread question thread hez and alot of people give some great info
and here is monsterrooms dread 101 here he mentions pigment added to the foam but bjb will mix black pigment and thasts the best way it but you have to buy five gallons and ship runs me like 80 and for five gallons of 265 foam mixed with pigment is like 370.00 you can also buy pigments like so-strong and latex pigment from fxwarehouse and do it drop by drop but its a mother ****** to get it the right ratio

quick edit im doing some experiments with inks and the cold foam ill let u know how it goes
with some different stuff

hope this helps at some

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back